Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSpades

Customer
Note that the issues presented in this thread no longer apply. If you were using the first press files, download a fresh set of files again from this site (the versions numbers are the same) and upload them to your site to apply the fixes. If you are still having trouble feel free to report it and I will help you as soon as I can. - Darkwaltz4

Dark has been helping me out with the currency mod. He has been fixing a couple templates that were messed up and I greatly appreciate the amount of effort he's putting in helping me out.

But...

So far, I'm not too happy with my purchase because a good chunk of the important features of this mod has been buggy. The calculations are weird, the transactions aren't working, the multiple currencies are messing up (i.e I have no events setup for one currency but for some reason, it is gaining points... wtf), the members updating is a pain, argh, the list goes on.

This mod has a lot of promise but what I am getting at is that this mod feels like a beta. Actually, it feels like an alpha because the beta worked a lot better than this current version, unfortunately. The staff MUST have found plenty of bugs when testing this mod out so why sell a product that barely works? :(

I'll try to get all this running by the end of this weekend, but if I'm still stuck with all these issues, I will just postpone my already long-awaited plans for my members/staff and tell them the reasons for why.

I hope I am able to turn this currency mod OFF without dealing with another bug.

So yeah, if the mod isn't ready, don't bother selling it. I think it was actually better to release a BETA version of this mod to the Loyal Customers (customers who purchased a lifetime product) so they can test it out and find the bugs.

I am currently waiting for Dark to come back and assist us further with these issues and my members are all waiting for my forums to be opened again so they can experiment with the new features I was planning for them (which I hope I am able to get them working).

Regards,

RedSpades

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah he's currently at the dentist, he'll be there to sort out any issues as soon as possible :)

Sorry for the inconvenience, we did test it but we didn't find any of these issues (otherwise the mod wouldn't have been released as-is) so we can only apologise for all the problems :(

I hope you guys don't take offense to what I said, especially Dark. He definitely put blood, sweat, and tears on this mod and I can tell, but I'm also a business owner and the amount of delays I had to make on my projects for my members and customers can get aggravating... and dealing with all these weird bugs on my side is also very frustrating.

I'm just hoping I can get this mod working before the end of this weekend.

Good thing I waited. :)

A good idea would've been to form a team to Alpha/Beta test it thoroughly perhaps?

Anyway, a question when a hack is released by a certain coder here is it only he/she who supports it and no one else?

I hope you guys don't take offense to what I said, especially Dark. He definitely put blood, sweat, and tears on this mod and I can tell, but I'm also a business owner and the amount of delays I had to make on my projects for my members and customers can get aggravating... and dealing with all these weird bugs on my side is also very frustrating.

I'm just hoping I can get this mod working before the end of this weekend.
We understand, and hopefully will be able to take measures against this happening with mods of this size in the future :)

A good idea would've been to form a team to Alpha/Beta test it thoroughly perhaps?

Anyway, a question when a hack is released by a certain coder here is it only he/she who supports it and no one else?
As a rule, yeah we support our own stuff. We're all mostly swamped in work of our own, and most of the bugs require knowledge of the code to solve, so if we had to gain intimate knowledge of eachothers mods, we'd never get any work done ;)

Yep, but I will report in here once the mod is running properly. A possible reason why my mod is going apeshit is because I was part of the vbCredits beta team from pixelStudios, and some of that coding could be messing something up. I dunno, I'm not really the super techy type.

Dark is the only one who will assist you with the mod.

Just going to point out that the mod has been running here on DBTech for a while now, and no one reported *any* issues at all, so the issues are coming as a surprise to us (Did you notice any bugs on here by any chance?)

Unfortunately with mods this size, things can go wrong, theres all sorts of different variables that could cause problems, and I don't believe in charging customers for access to Beta versions of things - we do our own testing, and for most mods we have our own testers. In this case it was a little different because Dark had just come over, but in future his mods will undergo the same testing procedure our other mods do =)

Thanks for the post and reporting your issues - the only way we can improve things is if people report any problems to us and give us their opinions.

Cosmic

I really feel like I want to reinstall the mod and see if it works, but Dark has told me not to do this. I'm still waiting for him to come back so he assist me further. I'm still dealing with the worse of the worst bugs at the moment and it seems like the whole mod just broke apart on my forums.

Come back soon, Dark! :D

While I am having some issues myself, I'm not having anything forum breaking (although it's not playing nice with one of my mods, but that's nothing new to vB and mods in general). Sorry to hear about the issues you're having Red. But... as frustrating as it is, just remember that it's not possible to test for every configuration possible and well.. these things are going to happen to you and I on occasion. =)

I can also testify that it's working on my site. I did have two major issues but one was because my host went down for maintenance in the middle of the install and the other was because it wasn't playing well with other plugins.

I feel your pain, though. I've had issues like that in the past. And it sucks.

Well, I'm not experiencing any major bugs with my other mods... It's solely vbCredits II Deluxe that just refuses to work for me... :(

Okay, I've noticed that the default style is around the Create New Post box and the Quick Reply box. May be other places as well. Plus, I thought I turned the mod off in the Global settings, but Credits is showing in the postbit for each user. If it is turned off, I figured this should not be showing. Minor things so far.

busy day! but i think everyone will be happy :p found some stupid stuff to iron out, and amazing how some small typos cause such huge problems. At any rate, I added this to the first post:
Note that the issues presented in this thread no longer apply. If you were using the first press files, download a fresh set of files again from this site (the versions numbers are the same) and upload them to your site to apply the fixes. If you are still having trouble feel free to report it and I will help you as soon as I can. - Darkwaltz4

Yep, Dark has seriously helped me out with each bug that's been popping up on my forums.

I think he's actually using my forum to test everything out and ironing out the bugs that managed to seep through.

Right now, Dark is helping me with a weird bug with the transfer/donate/adjust events (and a weird double appearance happening on the 'donate' event in the dropdown list). I think this is actually the last bug I've found so far. :)

Great work by Dark! This guy knows how to squash bugs like a pro!

EDIT: Speaking of bugs, after posting this quick reply, I tried to change my 'I am:' mood and it wouldn't let me. Damn, I must be a pro at finding bugs...

EDIT 2: You guys should consider doing a better job on how to display the mood list... Annoying how it's not a simple dropdown box so you can scroll and pick a selection... It shows ALL of the images in one huge-ass box...

Last edited:
RS: We can actually make the display better, but we were just too lazy to properly categorize the moods, so they are now all in 1 huge list :p

Status
Not open for further replies.