Status
Not open for further replies.

catfish_pete

Customer
Hello - I'm a very happy user of VB Credits II Pro and Random Questions.

I'm wondering what other people do to prevent abuse of the credits system. I'm particularly thinking of stopping bogus sign-ups in order to get referrer points... but any other advice welcome too!

If you open the advanced options for events, there are several options for automatically limiting events over time and frequency. i even encourage certain actions to be limited, such as once a year for birthdays. For referrals, you can specify that the user has to enter into a certain usergroup before it triggers the action for his referrer - so you can set up usergroup promotions based on time/posts/reputation (say, a Trusted group) and only then would it give that user an induction and his referral a referral. All events support those limiting options, so take a look and let me know if you have any questions.

I'm just setting this up now, please bear with me...

1) After 5 days AND 12 posts, the referee is promoted to the TRUSTED usergroup.

2) Create new Referral event:

Referral Amount: 100
(All other settings default)
Usergroups: TRUSTED

Is this correct?

It seems to me that these setting will only apply to members IN the TRUSTED usergroup - rather than firing when the referee ENTERS the TRUSTED usergroup...

Thanks!

Go to the Action Manager and edit the Referral action - there you can choose that it will trigger for members in the trusted group. In the event you create for the Referral action you would indeed leave it blank to allow for all eligible users to receive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back