Status
Not open for further replies.

Customer
Hi,

I have set a limit of earning 80 credits every 24 hrs. After this, the credits will never be increased. When a particular user hit the credit limit of 80 per day, when he post again, the system somehow reverse/discredits the last three transaction for him. No deletion of posts.

See screenshots of of both transaction and settings.

iKUPSyg.png

wu3YdLP.png

Kindly advise soon. Thanks.

What amount of credits does the user have after those 3 reversals? The correct 80 a day amount, or something else?

It actually reduced. I found out that it is because the users edit the post after the credit limit hits and the system discredit him. This should not be the case.

Normally, when users edit post and save back, it will -1 and +1 = 0. But when the credit limit hits, when user edit post, it will -1, no credits back at all.

I believe this is a bug need to be address immediately.

I'll attempt to replicate this issue on my local test board, and see if I can fix it if I can.

It's possible that fixing this issue will have to be postponed until we can re-design the mod, depending on the size of the changes that would need to be made (such as re-writing the way transactions are processed), but I will make every effort to fix this issue.

So how long will the fix be? Many of our members are facing this issues. We have to increase the credit limit which is not desirable.

Unfortunately I cannot give you an ETA, as it depends on whether I can actually fix it without running into the problems as stated above.

What you could do in the meantime is disable event negation and simply manually deduct the points for a post if you should delete a post.

Unfortunately I cannot give you an ETA, as it depends on whether I can actually fix it without running into the problems as stated above.

What you could do in the meantime is disable event negation and simply manually deduct the points for a post if you should delete a post.

Manually? How we suppose to do that if there are thousands of post every days and how we keep track and deduct the points? This is not the way.

In disabling the event negation, when people edit and save, edit and save, it will credits them with credits too.

Anyway, please fix it asap. Thanks.

I've tested this issue, and I've come to the conclusion that this is working as intended.

The way it works is, if you're above the credits limit, and trigger a negation (such as editing a post), the event's points will be deducted from the user's total points. The user will not be re-awarded the credits for triggering the event.

Additionally, ref. your OP: if you're above the credits limit and post again, nothing will happen. No negation, nothing at all.

I've tested this issue, and I've come to the conclusion that this is working as intended.

The way it works is, if you're above the credits limit, and trigger a negation (such as editing a post), the event's points will be deducted from the user's total points. The user will not be re-awarded the credits for triggering the event.

Additionally, ref. your OP: if you're above the credits limit and post again, nothing will happen. No negation, nothing at all.

Of course I know this is how it works. But above the credits limit when user editing a post, the event's point should not be deducted from the user's total points at all.

By the way, the event's point is also deducted when the system auto-merge the post for consecutive posting when the credits limit is reached.

We need to come out with a solution for this. Thanks.

Unfortunately we cannot change the way this works because post negation on edit has to happen, regardless of if the user is above the limit or not. It's an integral part of the system, and is used to support multiple other features in the mod.

The only solution I can see would be to disable points negation in the Post event - it would mean that deleting someone's post would not deduct their points, but on the flipside all these features you describe as issues would no longer be an issue for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.