Question Pre-Sales Quest: Possible to make DBTECH Downloads "Social Groups" friendly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draffi

Customer
Pre-Sales Quest: Possible to make DBTECH Downloads "Social Groups" friendly?

Hi there!

Exist a way, to use DBTECH Downloads for Social Groups?

I mean: i have some social groups and they want to share some specific files, writen from them between themself.

No i need some space/place, where they can exchange the newest files and store the old on's.

It is possible to use your product for this? I was reading something in the overview about "private" downloads?

Meaning, this is a private categorie or it is password-protected? When it is an category, can see ALL the social groups the the content?

Do you see a way to use your product for this, what i whant (if you understand...)

Thank you in advance

D.

I understand what you're saying, but it's not setup for social group type permissions. Private downloads are either password or specific user restricted, but they are visible to all who can view the category.
The closest you could do is setup a usergroup for each of the social groups and setup a category that only that group can see/upload/download from.

fine. thank you for the answer.

It is enough, when i create a secondary usergroup or it must be a primary group?

Secondary group should be fine. Let me know if you run into problems. It shouldn't require the primary group to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.