Status
Not open for further replies.

MARSH

Customer
This is a first time clean install of the DB Gallery and when I go to edit instance I get the following errors between edit instance and instance permissions.

Before I get to far into this I wanted to see if there is a fix for this.

Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in ..../includes/class_bitfield_builder.php on line 338

Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in ..../includes/class_bitfield_builder.php on line 340

Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in ..../includes/class_bitfield_builder.php on line 346

Warning: Illegal string offset 'bitfield' in ..../includes/class_bitfield_builder.php on line 346

Warning: Illegal string offset 'intperm' in ..../includes/class_bitfield_builder.php on line 433

Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in ..../includes/class_bitfield_builder.php on line 439

Warning: Illegal string offset 'value' in ..../includes/class_bitfield_builder.php on line 439

Hi John, I'm getting this as well. The problem is, if I delete the gallery bitfield files, which are what's getting accessed, I still get the errors. So it's coming from another mod I believe. I'll see if I can track down where it's at.

K thank you. On a separate note. I have the global branding free option but it doesn't work with this MOD.

Hi John, I'm getting this as well. The problem is, if I delete the gallery bitfield files, which are what's getting accessed, I still get the errors. So it's coming from another mod I believe. I'll see if I can track down where it's at.

Any luck tracking this down. I have not had much success.

I think I found it. I have 2 navtabs xml files. One of them is old and not used for the 4.2.2 install. The file is in includes/xml/ and called bitfield_dbtech_vbnavtabs.xml
When I deleted that file the errors stopped. Do you have that file by any chance?

I think I found it. I have 2 navtabs xml files. One of them is old and not used for the 4.2.2 install. The file is in includes/xml/ and called bitfield_dbtech_vbnavtabs.xml
When I deleted that file the errors stopped. Do you have that file by any chance?

I do have that file and removing it cleared the errors.

I also applied the new fix recommended by the vbulletin team where you apply the new class_core.php that adds coding to allow entry of code in the config.php that masks all the other warning messages.

Code:
define('SKIP_ALL_ERRORS', true);

NOTE: This only masks possible real problems so it needs to be turned off to trouble shoot issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.