Status
Not open for further replies.

Halfhidden

At the moment we run several quizzes on our site but they are bespoke and I am looking to bring them all under one hood.
I wonder if it is possible to run a music quiz. Member uploads a clip (MP3) and then others have to guess the group. We do this already and make up an mp3 with 5 clips and the members have to identify each clip. They get one point for every clip they get.

We also run a picture contest. A part of a picture is uploaded and members are invited to guess where the picture is of. We use local pictures so members are invited to guess lots of times. The person who uploaded the picture (quiz master) is prompted to give glues if members aren't able to successfully guess the pictures location.

These are two of the types of quizzes that I would like to do with this plug in... can it do this kind of thing?

Photos are fine, you can add a photo either directly to the question or link to it with bbcode depending on the question type. I"m not sure about the mp3. There is no player for the mp3 in the quiz but if you have a player installed with bbcode for it, it might work? How do you normally play the MP3 in the quiz?

I have an mp3 player set up and running on VB4.1.3 and members can upload as an attachment and then they can play the tune.

Here's a link to the music quiz: http://picturepenzance.co.uk/forum/music-quiz/

Basically the members keep guessing until they get the right answer. This would mean that they would need to type the answer rather than multi choice. The Mystery picture game works in much the same way. Points are awarded as follows:
1 point is awarded to the member for putting up the picture/music quiz and that is entered on to a leader board.
And three point awarded to the member who correctly identifies the picture in the Mystery game. This is also added to the same leader board.
The music quiz points are usually set as 1 point for every correct clip guessed.
The Pictures in the mystery game would need to be full size with the picture always remaining on show. Just like a forum the comments are superseded with new comments.
Every month the points from the leader board are added to the "Hall of Fame" and the leader board is cleared ready for the new contests for that month.

That's the kind of thing we do. The mystery game has been running now for about 4 years and is very popular indeed.

Is this something that your quiz software could do? Or if not... are you willing to develop it and give it even more versatility.

Thanks for your reply.
Regards,
Steff

I have an mp3 player set up and running on VB4.1.3 and members can upload as an attachment and then they can play the tune.

Here's a link to the music quiz: http://picturepenzance.co.uk/forum/music-quiz/

Basically the members keep guessing until they get the right answer. This would mean that they would need to type the answer rather than multi choice. The Mystery picture game works in much the same way. Points are awarded as follows:
1 point is awarded to the member for putting up the picture/music quiz and that is entered on to a leader board.
And three point awarded to the member who correctly identifies the picture in the Mystery game. This is also added to the same leader board.
The music quiz points are usually set as 1 point for every correct clip guessed.
The Pictures in the mystery game would need to be full size with the picture always remaining on show. Just like a forum the comments are superseded with new comments.
Every month the points from the leader board are added to the "Hall of Fame" and the leader board is cleared ready for the new contests for that month.

That's the kind of thing we do. The mystery game has been running now for about 4 years and is very popular indeed.

Is this something that your quiz software could do? Or if not... are you willing to develop it and give it even more versatility.

Thanks for your reply.
Regards,
Steff

Most of it would work how it is. I'm building the leader board right now so I'll try and keep in mind the quiz creator having the ability to get points. I didn't think about the hall of fame thing and clearing the current leaderboard each month. Would be a good idea to have the option in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.