nyk

Well, we have a forum which is running on vBulletin 4.1.4 beta 1 (updated to the most recent release).
We never faced any sort of issues before, but, now the situation is horrible.
As we all know, vBulletin has introduced the Ck editor thing, unfortunately the new editor is creating a lot of troubles for the forums. Issues are:

1. Formatting toolbar is missing.
  2. Some members can't even reply(when they click submit post, nothing happens) unless they manually turn off JavaScript in their browsers.
  3. Smileys are not working, on clicking smileys nothing happens.

This is my first post on this forum, so I am not posting the link to my own board as I don't want you guys to think that I am promoting it.
I will post link to it if it's required.

And yeah, we have updated the board to the latest update which is supposed to fix most of the issues that we are facing right now :confused:

Last edited:
You did read this note from IB Adrian?

Some minor bugs remain unresolved at this time, and we do not recommend Beta software to be installed on production sites.

And here..

Please note - our typical Beta caveats apply, we don't support it, nor recommend utilizing it on a public site, and please backup your site before installing it.

Also DBT only supports stable versions, of Vbulletin, it would be silly to code something for a beta release, when the core coding could change due to bugs in vB itself.

As soon as 4.1.4 goes public, DBT coders will work to resolve any compatibility issues, between vBulletin and their mods.

DBT tries to resolve somethings while vB is still in beta release, but it can be difficult if the core code is change by IB.

Personally, when new version of vB gets out I wait for some time, look what happens with mods I have installed and only after certain aging of new version I upgrade if I upgrade at all.

Thanks for your reply guys. Actually am just a senior member, was trying to help the owner.

Site administrator realized that it was not a wise idea to upgrade to a beta release,
that too on a forum that has around 29K registered and 1.4K active members.

He reinstalled the forum software and most of the issues are solved now (we are still on vBulletin 4.1.4 Beta 1).
We lost some mammoth like threads and some 1k posts.

Last edited:
Well, we have a forum which is running on vBulletin 4.1.4 beta 1 (updated to the most recent release).
We never faced any sort of issues before, but, now the situation is horrible.
As we all know, vBulletin has introduced the Ck editor thing, unfortunately the new editor is creating a lot of troubles for the forums. Issues are:

1. Formatting toolbar is missing.
  2. Some members can't even reply(when they click submit post, nothing happens) unless they manually turn off JavaScript in their browsers.
  3. Smileys are not working, on clicking smileys nothing happens.

This is my first post on this forum, so I am not posting the link to my own board as I don't want you guys to think that I am promoting it.
I will post link to it if it's required.

And yeah, we have updated the board to the latest update which is supposed to fix most of the issues that we are facing right now :confused:
Thanks for blazing the trail, I remember when I was so optimistic. I just installed 13 and will wait till everyone of my ad ons are ready with new releases for the 14

Thanks for blazing the trail, I remember when I was so optimistic. I just installed 13 and will wait till everyone of my ad ons are ready with new releases for the 14

Yeah if you have a heavily modded forum, it is best to wait till the mods, are 4.1.4 compliant, especially any that use the editor!

Back