Status
Not open for further replies.

Inaba

Customer
I just upgraded to 3.1.0b1 and my Like and Thank images are missing. Everything else works and the text is there... but the images are missing. I followed the upgrade instructions to go in and edit/save the buttons, but that doesn't solve the issue. I also tried creating a new button and explicitly specifying the file to use, but it does not work either.

What's wrong and how do I fix it?

Nope, I haven't customized any of those templates.

Also, downgrading back to 3.0.3 does not fix the issue, the images are still broken. Any thoughts would be welcome.

However... upgrading BACK to 3.1.0b1 after downgrading does seem to fix the issue. Hrmm... But just updating from 3.1.0b1 to 3.1.0b1 does not solve the issue. Strange.

Last edited:
Ah, it could have been a cache issue... Most odd, we didn't have that issue here on DBTech while upgrading.

Well, now they are broken again and I haven't changed the config.

Something is definitely not right in b1. It was working absolutely fine before I upgraded. It's really breaking the page layout of the forums, especially in FF. Chrome is a little better though, but still looks like crap.

Reverting to 3.0. and clearing the vboptimize cache seems to have resolved the issue. I think that's probably what happened before... so b1 is done broke.

Last edited:
Are you sure you're not running another cache system like CloudFlare or something?

Our products don't randomly switch between old and new layout / code, so there's definitely an overzealous cache system somewhere.

Yes, we are running through cloudflare. I can check that, but it doesn't really seem to be the culprit since if I switch back to 3.0 and clear the local cache, the problem fixes itself. Upgrading to 3.1 and doing the same thing does not fix the problem.

The problem is that if CloudFlare has cached v3.0.0 code / templates, obviously reverting to v3.0.0 will no longer conflict with the cache. It's if CloudFlare doesn't update its cache to cache v3.1.0 code / templates and tries to mix and match v3.1.0 and v3.0.0 stuff that problems occur.

Does that make sense?

Ah got it, ok, I will try reupgrading and then purge the CF cache as well as the local cache and see if that solves it.

Definitely a bug.

I have updated to 3.1.0 just now, flushed the cache locally, flushed the cache on Cloudflare, edited and saved the buttons, started a fresh browser and the images are still broken. Down grading to 3.0.3 and they show up just fine.

I'm open to suggestions.

I'll need AdminCP and FTP to the forum while the image are broken in order to see if I can diagnose this further.

Status
Not open for further replies.