Status
Not open for further replies.

sven

Customer
Hello,

We have a problem with forumon since the upgrade to version 1.0.7.

Once we select the monster and then click on the "world map" and then we click on a location to travel there - a page loads but the "hunt" button does not work. (pic1)

If for some reason it works (sporadically) a page loads but its blank. Blank as in the page loads forum software loads and skin loads but the battle area is blank. Unfortunately i cannot add a picture of it since i cannot get to that stage, the hunt button does not work.

Some members have reported that when they click "travel to" they are back on "main/profile" page.

The "healer" page does not work either - reverts back to "main"/profile page.

Many Thanks!

sven

pic1.jpg

Please ensure you've reverted all customised Forumon templates and that you have flushed any cache systems like vB Optimise. If neither of those things work, try it on a default (unmodified) skin and see if it looks the same there :)

Ok i did all this but it didn´t really fix it. I myself and some other users still get the reported problems on FireFox11 and Opera11. I could play on IE9 then.

Ensure you have uploaded the contents of the upload folder to your forum directory.

I'm unable to reproduce any of the issues you describe on this forum or my test environment.

Well the problem didn´t change on vb 4.2 with Forumum 1.0.9 :(

I just played it here with FF 13.1 and it worked. On our site i only can play it using i.e :confused:

Do you have any clue maybe why it works on one browser and not on the other since it here works fine with the one that dun work on my site ?

Well I now checked this problem with a Server Systems Administrator and after he reproduced it he meant this could be a server side reason on the VPS. Even since we didn´t have the problem before on a dedicated machine of another hosting company but now on the VPS after the move some months ago. We did the above mentioned upgrades on the VPS and didn´t check the game before upgrading.

He asked me to ask you for changes which needs to be made on the server such as php,apache or any modules to be installed on the server.

The actually specs are:

Operating System: cPanel-CentOS5.5
Apache version 2.2.21
PHP version 5.2.17
MySQL version 5.1.63-cll
Architecture i686
Perl version 5.8.8
Kernel version 2.6.18-238.12.1.el

Many Thanks!

To my knowledge the only thing that needs to be installed on the server that isn't there by default is GD.

It looks like GD is installed

MYSQL Version MYSQL 5.1.63-cll
PHP Version 5.2.17 (cgi) ( PHP INFO )
Disabled PHP Functions No Information
Loaded Extensions PDO, Reflection, SPL, SQLite, SimpleXML, Zend Optimizer, bcmath, bz2, calendar, cgi, ctype, curl, date, dbase, dom, exif, filter, ftp, gd, gettext, hash, iconv, imap, ionCube Loader, json, libxml, mbstring, mcrypt, mhash, mime_magic, mysql, openssl, pcre, pdo_mysql, pdo_sqlite, posix, pspell, session, soap, sockets, standard, tidy, timezonedb, tokenizer, uploadprogress, wddx, xml, xmlreader, xmlrpc, xmlwriter, xsl, zip, zlib
Safe Mode OFF

Dun have any idea anymore.

Hello Fillip,

I just fresh installed the Version 1.0.11 after unistalling and totally removing all existing files of the old version. There is the same reported problem on the FireFox browser.

It works fine on IE.

We are also on another server now.

Do you have any clue what this can be or how it can be figured ?

Many Thanks!

sven

As far as I can tell, you've not added any enemies to any of the areas. That would explain why the Hunt action does nothing (there's nothing for it to hunt).

Can you show me an area you've added monsters to so I can test this again?

Our co-admin swinger connected using the IE and selected a monster and started a battle on proving grounds. I add 2 screenshots. He then disconnected and re*connected the FireFox 24.0 .

He got the reported problem then. He gave me the permission to give you his login data that you can reproduce it with both browsers. Please let me know if i shall pm you his login :D

area.jpg

area battle.jpg

sven

Last edited:
Swinger also checked it on the default vBulletin skin using FireFox browser with same reported problem. The screenshots in my previous reply show it works propper using the custom skin if the IE is the selected browser.

Did you check it with IE and FireFox on our site ?

I did, and removing the CSS shown in my previous post fixed the problem with no adverse effects.

Hello Fillip,

It seemed the real reason of this problem could not be found. I guess any update / upgrade / install went in any wrong way and did something bad with any scripts or one off us admins messed something up around the time this problem came up first.

To verify that it wasn´t the server i did a fresh (test)install of vb and the game. All ran 100% fine and we decided to do a fresh install of the live site then.

Everything works smooth now and all can enjoy the game again :D

MANY THANKS for your help on this and your work on our old site Fillip !!!

Have a great weekend :D

sven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Forumon RPG

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating