Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy for you to say, you don't have to program this mawfakker :(

Quests, triggers, and NPCs in general should all be extensions of the same basic template. Really it would be nice if we had a simplified coding language of some sort to modify NPC behavior however we want. It would be much easier than using triggers.

Quests, triggers, and NPCs in general should all be extensions of the same basic template. Really it would be nice if we had a simplified coding language of some sort to modify NPC behavior however we want. It would be much easier than using triggers.

=P if it was anywhere near as simple as you seem to think *everyone* would be making RPGs - including you ;)

Truth is it's much more difficult than most people seem to think, and even things which seem simple like quests etc have a ton of potential to go wrong. The system will be built up as a breeding & battling system first, and then have story elements etc added.

=P if it was anywhere near as simple as you seem to think *everyone* would be making RPGs - including you ;)

Truth is it's much more difficult than most people seem to think, and even things which seem simple like quests etc have a ton of potential to go wrong. The system will be built up as a breeding & battling system first, and then have story elements etc added.

You did it once, mate. All I'm saying is- please don't do it EXACTLY THE SAME WAY this time around. I don't know why it was impossible to make NPCs disappear in the first game, or why variables had to be initialize through triggers, but it seems like a few minor coding changes would easily fix these issues.

You did it once, mate. All I'm saying is- please don't do it EXACTLY THE SAME WAY this time around. I don't know why it was impossible to make NPCs disappear in the first game, or why variables had to be initialize through triggers, but it seems like a few minor coding changes would easily fix these issues.

Seems it, but if it were the case, it would have been done - if not by us then by someone else =P

Things will be done differently this time, *especially* any quest system (I had no input in the design of the last one) but although something like "make it a simple coding language" sounds easy, inventing a language and creating a compiler is *not* simple =P

Feel free to try it and find out xD

The original focus will be on getting the breeding and battle aspects down. At that point i'll look into adding story elements and quests - not sure if i'll use the NPC style this time around though, I've got some pretty crazy ideas floating around my head just now =P

Man, everyone seems to think it's easy to create a "simple language" but it's not guys, trust me : o
It's not easy to code a game, even a simple game, and it's not easy to make it like there's few or no bugs and everyone can change it like they want : o

Man, everyone seems to think it's easy to create a "simple language" but it's not guys, trust me : o
It's not easy to code a game, even a simple game, and it's not easy to make it like there's few or no bugs and everyone can change it like they want : o

I can do it in my sleep.

Ok... ONLY in my sleep... ;)

hey couple questions, what kinda time frame are we looking at with the beta/completion stages..? next question: around what price range are we looking at? Anyhow, I'm def buying this :)

hey couple questions, what kinda time frame are we looking at with the beta/completion stages..? next question: around what price range are we looking at? Anyhow, I'm def buying this :)

The aim is to have an alpha/beta build in the next 10 weeks, price is yet to be determined =)

i waiting for this game .. i have a forum for rpg game (only vb4 rpg game)
where can i add ideas ? i have now a other system run and my users have talk to me for a list of updates .. when you know i can send you this list .. ;) (for the monter rpg) =)
- give this system only a combat system for monsters ?
- can i add other monsters / or can i monsters chance to peoples ?
i have edit my rpg mod (the code, the graphics ..) .. for peoples (heros + weapons + skills + bars )
- i will buy later your rpg system
- i have view a text where a user say .. you build very good products .. (and updates..)
- rpg inferno was from your team ?
- give monster rpg the same style we rpg inferno ? (i have test it last year..)
greez roku

Last edited:
I was looking at my site's vbActivity stats today and a question came to mind: How is level determined? I know it is related to points, but if this new monster mod uses vbActivity points as a potential currency (and I want it to) I don't want my forum members to find their rankings and levels dropping because they spent all their points on monster parts. Is this being considered during development?

i waiting for this game .. i have a forum for rpg game (only vb4 rpg game)
where can i add ideas ? i have now a other system run and my users have talk to me for a list of updates .. when you know i can send you this list .. ;) (for the monter rpg) =)
- give this system only a combat system for monsters ?
Thats correct, monsters only.
- can i add other monsters / or can i monsters chance to peoples ?
You can add your own images etc yes, you can also create your own monsters in the system using the supplied images for people to battle against the AI.
i have edit my rpg mod (the code, the graphics ..) .. for peoples (heros + weapons + skills + bars )
Probably won't be possible with this one. We are making a more traditional RPG based around a single NPC fighting later in the year though.
- i will buy later your rpg system
- i have view a text where a user say .. you build very good products .. (and updates..)
- rpg inferno was from your team ?
Not the team as such, But i was the designer and director of it, yes
- give monster rpg the same style we rpg inferno ? (i have test it last year..)
Will be somewhat different to RPG Inferno.
greez roku

My answers are above in bold =)

I was looking at my site's vbActivity stats today and a question came to mind: How is level determined? I know it is related to points, but if this new monster mod uses vbActivity points as a potential currency (and I want it to) I don't want my forum members to find their rankings and levels dropping because they spent all their points on monster parts. Is this being considered during development?

As of the latest version of VBA, there is a separate table for spendable points which doesn't impact on ranking, level etc =)

Cosmic excuse my OT but i'm just curious...in a previous post you have writed: in september coming out 4 new products...that's are the rpg, the betting script, the top x etc....and? the forum gdr like inferno rpg?

Cosmic excuse my OT but i'm just curious...in a previous post you have writed: in september coming out 4 new products...that's are the rpg, the betting script, the top x etc....and? the forum gdr like inferno rpg?

Currently the products on schedule for release in september are this RPG and the Quiz mod. There are other things being worked on, but i can't confirm their release dates at the moment ^.^
The Shop mod was (at the time i made those statements) due for a September release as well I think - As you can see we brought that forward =P

Cosmic

Status
Not open for further replies.