Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonByte Technologies

Company Information
Staff member
Company Info
So, this forum is where i'm going to give info to you guys on the upcoming DBTech monster RPG as it becomes available.

It will be updated with Images, news of features, of story, of plans etc etc.

This isn't something we've done before, but the interest surrounding this is pretty crazy, so i figured it would be a good time to try it out =)

Feel free to make threads asking questions, but don't be offended if I don't/can't answer. I'm not going to be telling you guys things unless i'm at least 80% sure it's going to happen =P

Also, bear in mind that the RPG is a work in progress - things are liable to change. Even so, I hope this will help give you guys a better idea of what the RPG is about.

Expect the first post within the next 48 hours showing you guys some of the monster images, and a little bit of info on what you will be doing in the game =)

Cosmic

For the monster RPG:

Will admins be able to custom make their own monsters/characters?
Will the monsters use skills, equipment or both?
Will Activity points be integrated in any way? I REALLY want my users to be able to use their points on something fun like that.

For the monster RPG:

Will Activity points be integrated in any way? I REALLY want my users to be able to use their points on something fun like that.

1. You will be able to use your own monster if you choose to.
2. Cosmic will elaborate on this
3. Most likey there will be an in-game currency system but i'm sure there will be ways to intergrate vBa or any other currency mod into it (it is more than likey vBa will intergrate with this for achievements/medals etc etc)

For the monster RPG:

Yes, either using the images supplied or by creating their own images (thought this will require a lot of talent and time)

Skills only at the moment. I don't plan to change that but it depends on how the battle system turns out.

There will be a standalone system, but also the option to use VBA points, or vBCredits 2 Deluxe points =)

There will be a discount for former RPG inferno customers yep,

Not decided on the cost yet, but it will be substantial - theres a *LOT* of work going into this, including some great artwork from our fantastic artist Michael (redknight)

I'm a little curious how this very sweetass looking Monster RPG will be different from the other RPG system?

...though in the end I'll prolly be getting both anyway. >>;

I'm a little curious how this very sweetass looking Monster RPG will be different from the other RPG system?

...though in the end I'll prolly be getting both anyway. >>;

This RPG will be based around breeding monsters, and battling with teams of monsters. There will be no equipment etc, and any additions will be based around the monsters themselves (perhaps expanding to things like feeding, how much your monsters like you etc, depending on how people respond.)

The traditional RPG Will revolve around a single player character, have lots of weapons, armour etc. Additions to it will be based around guild/clan warfare, and (I hope) a small plot-building component =)

I never tried the old RPG, but I hope there'll be a minor discount for people who buy one of the modifications for points systems, since they hook up to each other ;)

Polls are good, but I have found that sometimes you gotta let the developers follow their vision ;)

That said, I wouldn't mind a small amount of stat-changing equipment. Even a necklace/collar or something.

As long as it's really an RPG, I'll be happy. Quests, events, interaction, consequences that matter and change the environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.