Status
Not open for further replies.

teach1st

Customer
I notice that the shoutbox here is collapsable. Mine isn't. I don't think I missed it in the instances manager. Is there a way to make it collapsable? Thanks!

That's currently not possible on vB3 due to the complexities involved in making an object with a variable ID collapsible, sorry :(

It would be great to have this opportunity available, can you please make this possible for vbulletin 3.8.x? It would give the user the possibilty to "close" the chat-area at the top of the forum if they don't want to use it. Its available in mods like the "Cyb - Advanced Forum Statistics" and is very useful. Hopefully you can make it possible :)

Does that mod allow you to deploy virtually unlimited amount of statistic blocks wherever you want? If not, then it does not suffer from the same issues as vBShout does and it would be much easier for them to implement :)

A feature request that's already in the system is a UserCP setting that lets users who don't want to deal with the SB hide it, that's as close as you'll get on vB3 I'm afraid :(

I should point out that vB3 support is unlikely to be maintained forever; once a new version of vB is released that is significantly different enough from the previous version that we cannot easily code for both (vB 4.2.0 almost became that version) it's likely that we'll be dropping vB3 support. This isn't officially announced DBTech policy, though.

I'd suggest looking into upgrading to vB 4, all of the objective reasons to stick to vB3 have slowly eroded during the years and are now pretty much completely gone, save for the "I don't like it" which is obviously very subjective :)

The Close-Option in UserCP is fine as well, so if that works, that would be great!

I will not move to Vb4 for several reasons, but I'm ok with the current status of vbShout, so if some little features will go into the next version and then only bug fixes would be made available for vb3, would be fine for me ;)

Does that mod allow you to deploy virtually unlimited amount of statistic blocks wherever you want? If not, then it does not suffer from the same issues as vBShout does and it would be much easier for them to implement :)

A feature request that's already in the system is a UserCP setting that lets users who don't want to deal with the SB hide it, that's as close as you'll get on vB3 I'm afraid :(

I should point out that vB3 support is unlikely to be maintained forever; once a new version of vB is released that is significantly different enough from the previous version that we cannot easily code for both (vB 4.2.0 almost became that version) it's likely that we'll be dropping vB3 support. This isn't officially announced DBTech policy, though.

I'd suggest looking into upgrading to vB 4, all of the objective reasons to stick to vB3 have slowly eroded during the years and are now pretty much completely gone, save for the "I don't like it" which is obviously very subjective :)

Where can I locate this option to close/open the shoutbox in the UserCP? None of my members are able to locate the option for this.

Regards,

Cliff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShout

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating