Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello DragonByte,

I am currently running the DBTech vBShout v6.0.8 [Lite] for my site - Beyond Final Fantasy.
Let me say, first of all, many thanks for this feature. It was quick and easy to install and I have yet to encounter any glitches with it. *touch wood*
However, several of my members feel it's too distracting having it underneath the navbar and have suggested it be moved to the bottom of the forum. I was wondering, is it simply a case of disabling the Auto-Display and then pasting the varname {$show[vbshout_instance1]} into the desired location? In this case, it would above the footer section of FORUMHOME correct? (I only want it displayed on the main page).

Failing that, is there an option for members to 'hide' the Shoutbox? Or is this only available in the Pro vers?

Thanks in advance.
- Masamune (Beyond Final Fantasy webmaster)

I was wondering, is it simply a case of disabling the Auto-Display and then pasting the varname {$show[vbshout_instance1]} into the desired location?
Correct :)

In this case, it would above the footer section of FORUMHOME correct? (I only want it displayed on the main page).
I see no reason why that shouldn't work :)

Failing that, is there an option for members to 'hide' the Shoutbox? Or is this only available in the Pro vers?
The vB4 version has the "collapse" feature, but it's not available in the vB3 version due to the added complexity to make dynamic objects (in this case, each instance of the Shoutbox would need its own collapse object) collapsible on vB3 vs vB4.

Many thanks for your help. :)

Moving the SB to the bottom was easy as pie. Only my members decided they didn't want it at the bottom anymore.
Ah, the fickle finger of fate...

Status
Not open for further replies.