Question How Do I Enabled Editor Toolbars/PM By Default For All Users?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nxt

Customer
How Do I Enabled Editor Toolbars/PM By Default For All Users?
When a new user registers, they have to go Chatbox settings to enable all the editors and PM.. Is there a way I can force this on by default when they register?

Maybe I just overlooked something..

Are the users being created via a non-standard registration method?

It's intended that the items are on by default, and that appears to be the case for the majority of users, but it's possible that that doesn't happen on your forum if you use a mod that changes the registration process.

I currently do not have any registration mods. I have few other mods from you guys but thats about it.

The only issue I can see that may cause this is that I exported users from one forum to another. But yes when users login all the options for shoutbox are unchecked, they have to navi to Settings-Shoutbox and then enable what they want. I was hoping I could force that or run a SQL query to at least enable PM and all the editor options.

Try running the following queries (add your table prefix if you use it)
Code:
alter table user change dbtech_vbshout_settings dbtech_vbshout_settings int(10) unsigned not null default '131071'
Code:
update user set dbtech_vbshout_settings = '131071'

That should work for you :)

It did!!

thank you so much!!!

Posted that it was fixed... Lots of others happy. THANK YOU!

No problem :)

Hopefully this should fix it for good for future registrations as well, let me know if that's not the case and we'll have another crack at it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShout

vBulletin 5.0.x vBulletin 5.1.x vBulletin 5.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings