Status
Not open for further replies.

tavenger5

Customer
Since vBET now has a new caching system there isn't much use in keeping it cached in vbOptimise. Is there a way I can prevent VBET from being cached? Unfortunately there is no THIS_SCRIPT usage.

Well actually there is a lot of use in keeping it cached in Guest Caching. When vB Optimise caches a page, it doesn't store specific data for components - it stores the entire page output which includes whatever the page is displaying, then when returning this it avoids all the SQL queries normally used to present the data and PHP processing.

I'm not sure if vBET is doing the exact same thing, if it is I see your point but it'd be a case of either use the vBET entire page caching or vB Optimise. If vBET is only caching translations then pages will still be executing queries and processing PHP which vB Optimise avoids for guests.

Right - I think it's doing the same thing that vboptimise is doing for regular guest cached pages and reading the entire page from a file cache.

Regardless I still can't get the two to work together. When I enable guest cache things get weird in vBET.

If that's the case, you can either disable vB Optimise Guest caching or vBET if the same thing is being accomplished :)

Right, but I can't disable guest caching only for vBET pages. I would still like to have it for regular non-translated pages.

You mean you can't disable the feature in vBET, or you only want it disabled where vBET is involved?

Edit

Saw your updated post. If vBET caching is only partial for guests, I would disable their guest caching and keep vBO's enabled, it wouldn't make much sense to have 2 systems handle the same thing based on a condition.

Hmm, could be some collision. I'll try get my hands on the latest version of vBET and see what can be done :)

Okay cool - let me know if you find anything. I am also running vbSEO. That probably has something to do with it too.

I updated to the latest versions of vbSEO and vBET. Whenever I have guest cache enabled things work fine until you click on one language and then back to the default language. After this the stysheets do not load anymore and translations no longer function correctly.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back