Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzy47

Former Developer
Customer
Have the ability to have certain usergroups, (set in acp) have the ability to download games from the arcade, like you can from IPB arcade.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I wouldn't personally use this as I want my members to come to my website and not just load stuff locally. =) But as long as it's configurable (as you mentioned), then I have no problem with it myself.

*EDIT*

I just thought... I wonder if this would be "legal" though, a lot of games you get from places, you have to sign up for, agree to specific terms and I think some even have it so that you can't distribute the games. I still think it's up to each admin, but just pointing out something that might be a cause for concern.

The IPB arcade that you can install on a IPB forum has that option already, so I do not think their would be a legal issue, as they allow you to do it with their games.

+1.

Ipb allow 8 d/l per day, you can then purchase a selection of usergroups allowing you more downloads per day.

Mochi again allows you d/l if you are a publisher.

This would make more money for the site owner.

Right IPB allows 8 but if you have their full arcade, you can set it up to allow downloads to usergroups, any amount you set in the acp.

14e4dcae1d6408.png

I really dont like this idea, especially with the legal aspects (we are hardly getting permission to include a couple obscure games in the gold version)

If you want to give your games away, zip them up and post them somewhere, that way you are completely liable for that action.

ibp, mochi, and v3arcade allow downloads for their own games through their own sites only after you have acquired an account with them, agreeing to whatever policies they have (as well as forking over your contact info)

having vbarcade bundle and deliver third party assets without the intended legal permissions etc would be a very bad thing. even if "ibproarcade has it" - its still their own software delivering their own games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.