Status
Not open for further replies.

neounix

Customer
Hey!

We are having a tough time debugging why one of our mobile styles stopped working after installing DBSEO. It works find on our staging server, but on production, we are getting a 301 from the mobile style to the main style; and have not be successful debugging it. We have even tried turning on the mod_rewrite log; but cannot figure out where the 301 rewrite occurs.

So, we would like to turn off DBSEO for a single style ID.

Normally a styleid can be defines via a query string ?styleid=123 but we have not been successful configuring DBSEO to bypass this.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

You'll have to add exclusion RewriteCond's to the configuration, that should stop dbseo.php from taking over the request before vB can process it.

Yes, I tried adding a RewriteCond to the apache2 configuration; but we need to get the $styleid from the $vBulletin->userinfo['styleid'] and not a query string (each time); and since dbseo.php runs before vB... I cannot get it to work.

I also tried adding code at the front of dbseo.php to exit(); but that did not work for the same reason. The $vBulletin globals are not available yet.

.. anyway.. don't worry about it... you have more important things to do.. and it's not critical on our end.

Yes, I tried adding a RewriteCond to the apache2 configuration; but we need to get the $styleid from the $vBulletin->userinfo['styleid'] and not a query string (each time); and since dbseo.php runs before vB... I cannot get it to work.
I'm confused.

If you want to ensure DBSEO doesn't take over the handling of a script if "styleid=X" exists in the URL (past that point, the styleid is stored in the cookies and is no longer needed), just add
Code:
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} styleid=X
to both sections of the rewrite rules for DBSEO.

After vB has loaded the first time, subsequent page loads do not require ?styleid=x to exist in the URL as the chosen style will have been saved to the database and/or to the cookies in the browser.

Yes, that is what I thought, but it's not working:

Code:
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(dbseo_sitemap/|admincp/|dbseocp/|modcp/|cron|mobiquo|forumrunner|api\.php)
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} !styleid=137
RewriteRule ^((archive/)?(.*\.php(/.*)?))$ dbseo.php [L,QSA]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} !styleid=137
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !/(dbseo_sitemap|admincp|dbseocp|modcp|clientscript|cpstyles|images)/
RewriteRule ^(.+)$ dbseo.php [L,QSA]

You can try it:

Code:
http://my.mainserver.com/?styleid=137

DBSEO still rewrites.....

That leads me to believe that the URL is being (incorrecly) rewritten by mod_rewrite before it gets to dbseo.php... but I have the same conf code running on both servers and it works fine on one and not the other LOL

Yeah.. I tried that also... did not work :(

Code:
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(dbseo_sitemap/|admincp/|dbseocp/|modcp/|cron|mobiquo|forumrunner|api\.php)
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} !(^|&)styleid=137(^|&)

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !/(dbseo_sitemap|admincp|dbseocp|modcp|clientscript|cpstyles|images)/

PS: I'm not a big fan of stackexchange.. so much of the answers there simply do not work..

Code:
is wrong, from the answer it should be
Code:
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} !(^|&)styleid=137($|&)

LOL... it may be wrong.... but even as above it does not work.. .LOL

Code:

I've tried many different settings based on many different google searches (not only these in this thread).. none work... none stop DBSEO from processing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back