Question CDN custom CNAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAION

Customer
Hello,

Where can i change CDN files to be delivered from a custom CNAME ? I didn't see any option to setup custom CNAME.
ex: rackspace cloud files cdn link from http://xxx.xx.rackcdn.com to custom cdn.mydomain.com

Thank you in advance

That is up to the CDN provider to allow. If cdn.yourdomain.com is set up to point to cdn.xxx.xxx.rackcdn.com, and your CDN allows Origin Pull/Mirror requests from custom domains, then you can use that URL in the vBO configuration.

I setup with your rackspace cloud file script.
Rackspace allow setup custom cdn subdomain to be pointed.
But your script take by default the Rackspace subdomain and i didnt find a option to change to a custom subdomain.
Please advice if its possible to change to a custom subdomain. I can hardcode if needed.

Thank you for your time.

This is provided by the Rackspace API, there's a X-CDN-URI header that the container will send back as the URI. If Rackspace does not support sending custom domains as the CDN URI then vBOptimise can't support it either.

Changing vBO files is not something we're able to support, and the changes would be overwritten every time we release a new version.

This probably isn't relevant any more as its an old thread, and probably sorted by now, but may be useful info if someone else is searching for a similar issue.

If you have access to DNS records?. If you do, be cautious what you change. I use MAXCDN for CDN, so I can tell you what I done to create it.

In the MAXCDN i created a Pull Zone called
CDN.mydomainname.co.uk

They then gave me a name which links to it called cdn.username.netdna-cdn.com

Of course its not nice having someone else URL in your webpages. So In the DNS records I created a CNAME
cdn.mydomain.co.uk
Canonical name was the one given my MAXCDN cdn.username.netdna-cdn.com

After the DNS sorts itself out, If I go to cdn.mydomain.co.uk/logo.gif (for example) in the browser I can view the cached image.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vB Optimise

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings