Status
Not open for further replies.

CoZmicShReddeR

Customer
Hello, I know this is probably way to early to complain but I just upgraded to VB 4.2.1 and the drop down tabs stopped working...

I am sure it's something simple vBulletin possibly disabled by default or might need an update for vBNavTabs...

Yeah vBulletin actually added droptabs in 4.2.1 so it will be controlled by them now. Did it go full release or is it still in beta? And as soon as I have time vBNavtabs will need to be updated to work with 4.2.1

Yeah it's full! They had the update release being advertised in the AdminCP didn't see anything saying Beta but now thinking if it was would be pissed as I never seen a Beta advertised in AdminCP before!

My menu's won't drop down obviously am a bit unsure how to fix it now... Do I have to disable vBNavTabs and recreate them?

I would disable NavTabs till I can get a update out. It may be a bit, I am dealing with flooding in my area and about 3" of water in my basement as well.

To do the droptabs with vBulletin, edit the tabs that were dropdowns, and in the settings you will see a field called, Target Menu choose the menu for the tab like you did when you set it up with vBNavTabs and it should work again.

Last edited:
Let me know if the droptabs work like I told you how to do it, it worked on my local so I hope it will work on all sites.

Yeah I posted after I got it! :)

I mean after I read your instructions.... At first I thought it said to edit the database but all I did was go to Navigation Manager, clicked on tab name, then tab edit and choose the menu name.... Then I had to clear the cache for the site and the vboptimise

CoZmicShReddeR vBNavTabs is now working with vB v4.2.1 the new product version is 1.3.0, you can get it in your customer area.

You will find the version for for vB4.2 in the downloaded zip in a folder called vBNavTabs For vB 4.2 ONLY!!! That is what you use if you are running vB 4.2.0 or vB 4.2.1

You will find the version for for vB4.2 in the downloaded zip in a folder called vBNavTabs For vB 4.2 ONLY!!! That is what you use if you are running vB 4.2.0 or vB 4.2.1

Have you tested the drop down menus for the second menu yet? I cannot get them to show from previously working menus... Will try something else but please look into it... Thanks! They show I meant they do not drop down!

Yeah it is a known issue, they work in the first navbar, but not the second one. We are looking into a fix for it.

I think I'll start growing a beard and shave it off whenever you guys get the second NavTab working which is why I purchased this in the first place but please take your time I think I am the only one using NavTabs with 4.2.1...

Yes I am being a bit sarcastic... :)

I know, the team is a bit swamped at the moment, but it will be fixed as soon as we can.

My arm was getting numb from resting it under my desk to keep from typing anything that would seem like I was getting impatient! :) But as I have seen you guys have been working a lot! Am sure this is still on the back burner and am surprised nobody but me have said or posted anything here in regards and am thinking I am the only person using this mod with VB 4.2.1

No there are others, I am hoping to be able to work with Fillip H. this weekend on it, sorry for the long delay.

CoZmicShReddeR I believe this is fixed, you can redownload the files and upload dbtech/vbnavtabs_420/hooks/build_navigation_menudata.php Sorry for the delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.