Status
Not open for further replies.

CoZmicShReddeR

Customer
Just wondering if anyone upgraded to the latest VBulletin... They added a Navigation Manager which is a new way to add custom links to the navigation menu location is under the AdminCP, Settings, Navigation Manager... Only thing missing is ability to add images and second navigation bar...

The second DragonByte NavBar menu works fine just the VBulletin one is now the main top NavBar...

We have not had a chance to look into 4.2 yet for any mod. vBNavTabs is now flagged for vb 4.1.12 and under till I can see if it will work with 4.2

I was thinking about updating to 4.2 with TruckingSpace. I really don't have members and have most the mods here.. Figure if it breaks what is the loss on my part.. LOL.. still thinking about it though..

Is there an option to disable this new navbar at options or disable any plugin?

Im not upgrading to 4.2 yet, but I want keep my forum upgraded with the latest version.

I have upgraded my test board, and as above icons work great on second navbar, but when i click on one of my created buttons, the foum button stays highlighted

Last edited:
Yeah it has issues with 4.2 I will see if I can figure something out this weekend. I guess you could disable all tabs made with vB by default and re create them with vBNavTabs, or get the old navbar template, and over write the contents of the new navbar template with the old one. :D

CoZmicShReddeR TandyServices Solein Glen Green

I suppose for the time being, I could add a option to the product to turn off /on the new navbar template, and use the old template system like it is pre 4.2 It would require you to copy some code into the navbar template, but I could provide that for you. What ya all think about that?

@CoZmicShReddeR @TandyServices @Solein @Glen Green

I suppose for the time being, I could add a option to the product to turn off /on the new navbar template, and use the old template system like it is pre 4.2 It would require you to copy some code into the navbar template, but I could provide that for you. What ya all think about that?

I updated and I am fine until you update the product.. All it did for me was take the icons out.. Everything else is fine..

@CoZmicShReddeR @TandyServices @Solein @Glen Green

I'll wait for the update of your product. Hope we get the update before Vb 4.2.1 comes out... ;)

Last edited:
I think what I may have to do is make a addon to the Navigation Manager, that will add the extra stuff vBNavTabs adds, and let vBulletin handle the actual creating of the tabs.

I think giving the abilities to modify the default would be better if possible... Just looking at it from a design aspect from theme developers who would be utilizing it...

So you are saying you would like to see the ability to be able to choose between showing the navbar in it's 4.2 state, or in it's 4.1.x state?

GoodApples, so you want to see the extra stuff added to the Navigation Manager to make it like vBNavTabs, like permissions target, image etc?

I have just been playing around with 4.2, not bothered about upgrading my main site until Im happy with nav bars etc, would be a step back at the moment and DB Navbars is really straight forward to use anyway..

hi here also nabar gone and
all other plugins gone quize, activity etc

so i gues downgrade again

Use the Navigation Manager to add or better yet if you currently have vBNavTabs use it instead and ignore the Navigation Manager. Well that's what I did. :)

To get the tab
URL Example:
Code:
www. your site .com /vbactivity.php

Just a update on this, I have just about got it ready, other than the following issues:

1) Extra navbar won't show on the cms page. For some odd reason vB has once again removed hooks, added others, but did not add them everywhere. :mad:
2) I can not yet get the color of the sublink dropdowns to change, all others I have got working, tabs, sublinks in the sub-navbar, and sublinks in the dropdowns from the sub-navbar. :confused:
3) I have not yet got dropdown tabs to work yet. :(

Other than that it is all working great on 4.2 on my dev console, hopefully (fingers crossed) I can get it all put together by next Friday.

Their is a couple of extra things I added for 4.2 that was not available on 4.1.x so it should make adding items to the navbar even more diverse. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBNavTabs

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings