Status
Not open for further replies.

Customer
Hi, I am using vBCredits II Deluxe but I found out that the Referral Activity Amounts is Not Triggering at all. When people register through my referral link, my credits is not updated.

All other activity amounts is working fine except the referral. Kindly assist! Thanks.

Can you please double-check you are being listed as their referrer? You can see a list of referrals in the AdminCP.

Has the user become a member of the Valid Referral Usergroup as set in your Action Specific Configuration? Do you have active Referral event with your usergroup configured as applicable?

Yes, the users has become a member of the Valid Referral Usergroup as set in your Action Specific Configuration. Yes, have the active Referral event with usergroup configured also.

I found out that I must do a manual 'recalculate user accounts' in order for the referral credits to be updated. Is this the case? How to make it automatically?

Hey,

Sorry for the delay :(

I'd like to help you with looking into this, but testing it would be very awkward on a live site. Are you able to duplicate your site / database so that I can have "free reign" on this test site without affecting the live forum? That would be of immense help in figuring out this issue :)

Not until someone is able to provide me with a duplicate of their live site so that I can test it properly :(

Hey,

Sorry for the delay :(

I'd like to help you with looking into this, but testing it would be very awkward on a live site. Are you able to duplicate your site / database so that I can have "free reign" on this test site without affecting the live forum? That would be of immense help in figuring out this issue :)

Have sent you the admincp and temp. ftp. on PM. Thanks.

Test forum created and login data sent to PM.
I am unable to replicate this issue on your site. Upon promotion, the referral amount successfully automatically triggered with no further action required.

Have sent you the admincp and temp. ftp. on PM. Thanks.
I believe there's a misconfiguration of your Referral event. If a user not in the "Registered Users" usergroup refers a user, they will not be rewarded. "Usergroups
The specific usergroups this event applies to. If none are selected then all users will be qualified. Ctrl/cmd+click or click+drag to select more than one." means "who will receive the benefits of this event", in this case.

Please correct that misconfiguration and re-check to see if it works for you :)

I believe there's a misconfiguration of your Referral event. If a user not in the "Registered Users" usergroup refers a user, they will not be rewarded. "Usergroups
The specific usergroups this event applies to. If none are selected then all users will be qualified. Ctrl/cmd+click or click+drag to select more than one." means "who will receive the benefits of this event", in this case.

Please correct that misconfiguration and re-check to see if it works for you :)

It still did not work. I need to manually go VBcredits -> 'recalculate users accounts' -> find registered users -> update users -> rebuild actions -> referral -> update users -> update counters.

Do advice. Thanks.

I am unable to replicate this issue on your site. Upon promotion, the referral amount successfully automatically triggered with no further action required.

How did you check this? What user is referral and who is referrer in your test?

That is how I check. I register new user and fill my username in Referrer field. Than I fill 99 posts via admincp to that user, than I go and write 100th post by this user, than I start promotion via admincp and check that this user was promoted to needed usergroup that is mentioned as Valid for referrals in vBCredits config. Than I check vBCredits log - and nothing happened.

That's how I tested it too, with the difference that both the admin and the test user had to refresh the page after the promotion scheduled task had been run :)

Than how can this possible:

here is my referral statistics: GRFOZ.COM | look to user DIVO, which referral is boadixx with 101 posts (I checked - already promoted to valid group)

here is transaction log for referrer:

Screenshot from 2013-01-30 23:53:09.pngScreenshot from 2013-01-30 23:53:31.png

no transaction for referrals!

Your post will be answered as soon as the dev has a free moment to address the issue.

I suspect the problem lied with the tables. So I did a maintenance -> repair/optimise and see that the overhead is 7.00MB!

After doing it, here are the results.

credits_pending Check Status: OK
credits_pending Optimize Note: Table does not support optimize, doing recreate + analyze instead
credits_pending Optimize Status: OK
credits_transaction Check Status: OK
credits_transaction Optimize Note: Table does not support optimize, doing recreate + analyze instead
credits_transaction Optimize Status: OK

"Table does not support optimize, doing recreate + analyze instead", so how can I clear the overhead?

Status
Not open for further replies.