Status
Not open for further replies.

catfish_pete

Customer
Hello, I thought I'd alert you to this issue of your plugin and VaultWiki's plugin not playing nicely together. I'm fairly certain it is not a bug, so am hoping to find some suggestions for a workaround.

Basically, I have set up VBCredits to award members for creating new wiki articles and new images. This works as expected.

Where the problem arises is when a different member decides to edit someone else's article in the wiki. In VaultWiki, however, VBCredits removes the credits from the article originator's profile, and doesn't restore them - I think this is because it is a different person who has edited the article. As it stands, the only way to make sure this doesn't happen is to make sure the thread negation amount is 0, but then members will be able to earn credits even if they post unnecessary wiki articles that are later deleted (which is not desirable). Any thoughts on a workaround?

I am also posting this on VaultWiki's support forum, but if you have any thoughts on how the two plugins could be made to work together, please help me!

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I have VW too, but so far not had any issues, though I've not studied the effects properly. Does it not work the same way as a moderator editing a user's article would?

Apparently not. There has been one main user who's created most of the articles in the Wiki, and so they noticed when people started editing their articles, they were docked credits.

I've been toying with looking into this, as I was wanting to create an integration to vBC with Project Tools. I'll see if I can do anything there, and then it might be possible to create a proper integration with it. There is all the information available int he vBC section to link into it's API if you want to try yourself in the meantime.

How do vaultwiki articles work? If they use threads as an underlying data structure, then i dont think this is something to fix, except for turning off credits for the vaultwiki forum and doing a proper API integration for vaultwiki with vbcredits

How do vaultwiki articles work? If they use threads as an underlying data structure, then i dont think this is something to fix, except for turning off credits for the vaultwiki forum and doing a proper API integration for vaultwiki with vbcredits

You can check it out on my site if you'd like, I use VW.

It works as you described atm, though v4 might change that... not sure as it's still under development.

Status
Not open for further replies.