Status
Not open for further replies.

tstar

Customer
I'm unable to see where/if this is possible?

Any guidance on this would be appreciated.

Thank-you in advance.

First, make sure you have created a Donate event at the Activity Amounts Configuration link in the admincp under the vbcredits menu.

Then, anywhere credits are displayed, like the postbit or profile, when you click it you will get a popup box. From there you can change the recipient and set the amount and message.

I have tried this 50 different times, with the same results.

I click the point amount on a user's postbit, and get a pop up window, saying "initiate transfer". I can change the "to:" account, but the "from:" account always says "purchase". I have a purchase event so that users can purchase points through paypal on my site. I would assume the "from:" account would need to change to my account, as the sending user, but there's no option to change it. I've tried disabling my purchase event and just having the donate event activated, but then when i click the point amount in the postbit, i'm taken to the credits.php page, and no pop up window occurs.

Could you explain a method to get around this please?

Thank-you, it's much appreciated.

Are you sure you have an active Donate event? If you have both, they will be be in a dropdown to choose from, not one suppressing the other.
If it is missing, just add one. If it is there, please post a screenshot of it expanded here, so I can look it over for you.

dbscreen.PNGdbscreen2.PNG

I have made sure the donate event is active. You can see the "change:" link for the "to:" account in the second screenshot. When clicked, a text box opens up for editing where the username is, and it's changeable to any username on the site.

This option is not there for the "from:" account.

From the first screenshot, can you click the word Donate and then the Show Advanced Options button at the bottom of the page that loads. Then take a screenshot of the form for me please :)

Go to the Multiple Currency Integration page under the vbcredits menu in the admincp. Edit your Points currency, and click the Show Advanced Options button on that form. At the bottom are the options for Transfer To and Transfer From. They should both be Yes.

Those options are for the ability to transfer other currencies to and from the point currency, or at least that's what the description reads. I have changed both to yes, however, and now i'm getting the credits.php page when i click on the point currency in the user postbit again.

Oh, hold on. I get taken to the credits.php page, but if I click my point amount on that page, I get a pop up window that does exactly what it's supposed to.

Should it just be occurring on the credits.php page, or should I be able to transfer points through that pop up window in any thread on the site?

Once again, hold on. I logged in and out, just to make sure, because it didn't make sense lol.

It works from any thread now.

I very much appreciate your timely help. Amazing real time support.

Also, the auto thread update every 5 seconds that you guys are using here is extremely cool.

Is it available in a purchasable mod?

Yep, its called AJAX threads here: AJAX Threads - DragonByte Tech | vBulletin Mods & Addons

Anyway, glad its working :D I am going to bed, let me know if you need anything else.

ps - The transfer to/from still cover the donate event, because you can donate between currencies at the same time as between users. I suppose it is awkwardly worded and I should look closer at it again in the near future. Without setting up the accompanying Donate/Transfer events makes those settings moot otherwise though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.