Status
Not open for further replies.

stev

Customer
Suggest chat feature

It would be GREAT if we could intergrate Shout Pro into each tournament. Is it doable?

Last edited:
Yeah vBShout has the ability to create instances, so it won't be too difficult to have it placed within TT in certain sections. Certainly looking into it :)

I currently have Shout Lite set up in my TT battle arena. I was using a different chat module before Shout Lite and was annoyed that I couldn't get it in the TT area so I gave Shout Lite a chance. The only thing holding me back from Shout was having it in different instances but when I actually finally used the product, I realized that you could. It took me a bit to figure out how to set it up in TT but I finally figured it out and it works perfectly. I even set up a TT chat room t5o keep main chat clear of TT battle chat. If you need help setting it up, PM me and I'll send you my settings.

1. If you have vBShout Lite (should probably work on Pro too), go into instance manager. The default setting for instance manager should be your first instance.
2. Edit the default instance and set it to the following: Active - Yes, Auto Display Shoutbox - Disabled, Shoutbox Deployment - (empty), Manually Display Shoutbox - dbt_tt
3. Click Save.
4. Go into style manager and then edit templates.
5. Select DragonByte Tech: Triple Triad Templates >> dbt_tt
6. Find {vb:raw navbar} and then insert {vb:raw vbshout} after it.

All done! You should be able to see your shoutbox on all Triple Triad pages now.

On a side note, this only works for vbulletin 4.0.3 as this is what I have right now. Not sure if it works on other versions.

Hope this helped.

yeah, actually now that you mention it, that command worked in the ibproarcade mod. I was trying to get the vbShout to show up in the arcade but ibproarcade for vbulletin 4.0.3 only has two templates: ARCADE and ARCADE_vB4. I put the vBShout command for vb4.0 in the ARCADE template but it kicked it back saying that command can't be saved in that template. So I tried it in the ARCADE_vb4 template and that didn't work either. I gave the 3.8 code for vbShout a try in the ARCADE template and it worked like a charm so now I have vBShout n Triple Triad and the Arcade! I'm loving it!

Status
Not open for further replies.