Status
Not open for further replies.
getting this error after moving to a dedicated server and websoite no longer accessible.

Warning: xcache_set() [function.xcache-set]: xcache.var_size is either 0 or too small to enable var data caching in [path]/vboptimise/core/class_operator_xcache.php on line 50

Need help desperately.

Add
PHP:
define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);
to your config.php and then turn off XCache in your Opcode Cacher setting, until you have corrected the php.ini configuration problem described in the error message.

hey

well that did not work. I did what you said and then when i went to turn off xcache in the opcode settings i got this error:

Warning: xcache_get() [function.xcache-get]: xcache.var_size is either 0 or too small to enable var data caching in [path]/vboptimise/core/class_operator_xcache.php on line 21

Add
PHP:
to your config.php and then turn off XCache in your Opcode Cacher setting, until you have corrected the php.ini configuration problem described in the error message.

It will work if you add that bit to config.php, as that disables vB Optimise from running. Switching it to Filecache or None means vB Optimise does not try to utilise XCache in any way, shape or form.

You may also want to comment out the datastore_class variable in config.php, if you had set that to using XCache as well until you can correct the problem with your php.ini configuration.

Either Im not understanding or it isnt working.

My config.php now looks like this"

Code:
<?php

/**
 * Enter your XCache Username in the field below (only applicable for those with XCache Authentification) $xcache_username = '';

*/

/**
 * Enter your XCache Password in the field below (only applicable for those with XCache Authentification) $xcache_password = '';
 */

?>

This is the entirely of my config.php so i see no datastore var. Ive also tried it putting the code you gave me before the ?> same result.

When i goto the admin panel and try and turn off the xcache it wont allow me. When i click 'save' after changing it i simply get the error right in that window after clicking save and when i go back to the page where these options are it is still on xcache. So something isnt allowing it to let me change this.

If you would like to take a look i cna give you access.

It will work if you add that bit to config.php, as that disables vB Optimise from running. Switching it to Filecache or None means vB Optimise does not try to utilise XCache in any way, shape or form.

You may also want to comment out the datastore_class variable in config.php, if you had set that to using XCache as well until you can correct the problem with your php.ini configuration.

You need to add define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true); in between the

<?php

?>

Not before it or after

I did that

Same error same results. Cannot turn anything off. Still get this error when trying to view the website:

Code:
Warning: xcache_get() [function.xcache-get]: xcache.var_size is either 0 or too small to enable var data caching in [path]/vboptimise/core/class_operator_xcache.php on line 21

and still get this error when trying to turn off xcache through admin panel

Code:

I even attached a pic of it.

Screen Shot 2011-09-30 at 10.04.40 PM.png

You need to add define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true); in between the

<?php

?>

Not before it or after

Status
Not open for further replies.