Status
Not open for further replies.

Steris56

Customer
hey Ozzy i have ranks on my site now when a confirmed donator gets moved into the donator group the title changes but the rank stays as a new member the only remedy is when i go to acp i save for that member and the rank changes is there perhaps some code i could add to make it change or what ...???

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hmmm I never thought of ranks, lemme look into it and see. Are you adding the member to the donator usergroup, or switching the member to the donator usergroup?

Last edited:
Ok another question, the rank you use for the donator group, do you have a Minimum Posts requirement or is that set to 0 and are you using a image or html?

Last edited:
Ok another question, the rank you use for the donator group, do you have a Minimum Posts requirement or is that set to 0 and are you using a image or html?

for the first question that is set to 0 i believe and for the second i am using an image for each of the groups

Ok just a quick update, I am just about done testing this and the ranks will be updated for each new contribution, if the user is not already in the target group, and you set a new option to allow updating of the ranks. There will also be another setting where you will have to add the path to the rank image that you use for the vip / contributor group, it should be the same path you entered when you set up the rank in the acp.

This will be in the next release which I am hoping to have out on Friday, but don't shoot me if it is not. :p

This has been added in v1.3.0 and will only work if you have enabled change or add usergroups, and you set up the two new options in the group DragonByte Tech: vBDonate - PostBit Settings

very nice release Ozzy will load this up this afternoon thanks a lot for working on this amd making it possible

Not a problem, I tested it as best as I could so let me know if you run into any issues, just make sure you set up the two new options in the group DragonByte Tech: vBDonate - PostBit Settings. :)

Ok Ozzy i set the path and enabled user ranks in postbit settings is there anything else i am missing had a donator today and rank didnt change but everything else is working flawlessly

is there perhaps something i have to do in ranks manager ???

any suggestions would be helpful thanks

Well i am now in 4.2.2 the latest and this is not working with current version of donate everything is set right in change user group settings and the rank will not change any suggestions

I'll try and get some spare time this week to check and see what the issue is. Can you post for me what your exact settings are and then I'll mimic them in my local setup to test it. :)

Just a few questions... the first pictures shows the VIP option as the rank the user title they will get... is that happening or not?

The rest relates to the usergroup change... which I assume is the issue you're having? (You have used the phrase 'rank' which isn't what those settings do :? )

Are you certain the users who are not switching don't belong to one of the groups that can't have a new group added?

PS, are the donations marked as confirmed in the system or not?

Just a few questions... the first pictures shows the VIP option as the rank the user title they will get... is that happening or not?

The rest relates to the usergroup change... which I assume is the issue you're having? (You have used the phrase 'rank' which isn't what those settings do :? )

Are you certain the users who are not switching don't belong to one of the groups that can't have a new group added?

PS, are the donations marked as confirmed in the system or not?

The rank that i want it to go to is vip and this is not happening these users are confirmed and they go into that usergroup but the rank doesn't it leaves them as new member rank

now what i have to do is go to acp and go to that particular user and save the settings and then that changes the rank but it doesnt change auto

donations are marked as confirmed

i mostly use db mods and ozzy's mods so not sure if any would cause a conflict or not

could it be something in general settings i am missing just thinking a loud

Status
Not open for further replies.