Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Brun

Customer
HI Dylan.
After trying out the mod and putting it through its paces I can see a few ways of enhancing it.
Please note that I havnt been runnning it long... and these are just some ideas.

A seperate page that can store all nominations and they can be sorted by weekly, monthly, yearly.
ie: I run a Find Of The Month Competition.

I would like the winner of this competition to be automatically added to the "Find Of The Year" Competition.

I would like to see some form of award (graphic of my choice) to be added as a extra rank to postbit for the winner of the FOM.

Some other way (icon) of voting for the post instead of the drop down box.
Click on the icon.. then it will give you the dropdown list.
I think way it is at the moment could be a lot more pleaseing to the eye
A area which we can write our own text in... create button???
Number of votes so far...

The ability to change your vote... if the board is set to one vote only!

Also thought if its used for photographs.. the winers could be added to a "Hall Of Fame" :)

nominate1.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hmmmm, I'm thinking.. 3/4 through this thread, damn the thread is good, I must go back to the thread starter, thank them, rep them and hell might as well nominate them too!

If you are able to do the 'separate' thing, I would use your template code and put it into thread tools for thread starter and the rest where you have it placed already, an image placed next to where the 'bookmark' would look good too.

You have any artist's working on that at the moment? I can create something low poly from scratch in PS and supply all working so you know its not copied

#Edit: I'm able to nominate for my signature which I dont actually have, your original code only showed if a sig was there!

Last edited:
Hmmmm, I'm thinking.. 3/4 through this thread, damn the thread is good, I must go back to the thread starter, thank them, rep them and hell might as well nominate them too!

If you are able to do the 'separate' thing, I would use your template code and put it into thread tools for thread starter and the rest where you have it placed already, an image placed next to where the 'bookmark' would look good too.

You have any artist's working on that at the moment? I can create something low poly from scratch in PS and supply all working so you know its not copied

#Edit: I'm able to nominate for my signature which I dont actually have, your original code only showed if a sig was there!

Regarding the nominate thread thing: I think that the user friendliness of being able to nominate the thread from anywhere in it after deciding it's awesome would outweigh the benefits of forcing users to re-visit the first page of the thread for the vast majority of users to be honest, so that likely won't get implemented.

I agree, but I am also thinking outside of the box.

If this is set as default, way2go but allowing optional placement I feel is a must to make each board owner decide where is best so were not all becoming a zombie nation, If you get my drift!

The final decision is ultimately yours and the coders, this product is a must buy, making the product placement more versatile makes it a much better buy. If it doesnt make the gold cut then I will request it for future consideration but will still be happy with what I have. I did request this mod originally and am overjoyed at its fulfilment.

I paint my front door green because every other house has a white door, does that make me different from the rest?

Last edited:
I agree, but I am also thinking outside of the box.

If this is set as default, way2go but allowing optional placement I feel is a must to make each board owner decide where is best so were not all becoming a zombie nation, If you get my drift!

The final decision is ultimately yours and the coders, this product is a must buy, making the product placement more versatile makes it a much better buy. If it doesnt make the gold cut then I will request it for future consideration but will still be happy with what I have. I did request this mod originally and am overjoyed at its fulfilment.

I paint my front door green because every other house has a white door, does that make me different from the rest?

Haha, the menu itself has lots of placement options, but options to do stuff like cut parts of it and have them only show up in certain places would be reasonably large changes for little to no effect, as well as increasing complexity which is something we try to avoid. Just giving you the heads up that this is one idea unlikely to go in xD

I hit the "thanks" button for a post and the nominate option disappeared. I had to refresh the page. I agree with gary about the OP being the only person in the thread to be eligible for thread nomination. Good job these look so much better.

Can you post a bug report for this. I'm going to have to research how to get around it and I don't want it to get lost and forgotten in a feature request once the requests are done heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back