Legacy Pass ?explain=1 to nonseo file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bossland

Customer
When running in debug mode it is possible to see what queries are running and what the page load time is etc. To get the detailed information about what queries are being run you must pass ?explain=1 to the page. It seems like currently dbseo does not pass this along.

I usually run with
PHP:
if ($_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"] == "x.x.x.x" ) 
{
// enable debug mode for only my IP address
$config['Misc']['debug'] = true;
}

so that I can investigate how my changes are affecting the forums.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Are you using master & slave servers for mysql? I have to switch to a single server config for explain to work.

When running in debug mode it is possible to see what queries are running and what the page load time is etc. To get the detailed information about what queries are being run you must pass ?explain=1 to the page. It seems like currently dbseo does not pass this along.

I usually run with
PHP:
if ($_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"] == "x.x.x.x" ) 
{
// enable debug mode for only my IP address
$config['Misc']['debug'] = true;
}

so that I can investigate how my changes are affecting the forums.
If I'm reading your post correctly, you want the debug mode and/or the ?explain flag to give you debug information regarding DBSEO's PHP and MySQL usage?

If so, then this is not possible. About 50% of DBSEO's code runs before vBulletin is even instantiated, and it uses its own MySQL wrapper that is completely independent from vBulletin (although uses the same connection parameters). This wrapper does not support debug output.

That does already happen. DBSEO does not strip that parameter, unless the URL you're attempting to explain is a redirect URL, e.g. "go to new post" :)

What would the proper url format be? As the one I provided does not work and the original page is loaded instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back