Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlieDelta

Customer
Feature request;
It would be nice to notify ALL who comment on a pic in the gallery. For instance, I comment on your photo with a question. You then comment by answering that question but I am not notified that you have commented.

This brings up another feature which in my opinion can be classed as a bug and if you agree I don't mind making another thread labelled as a bug just say the word. :)
When you comment on your own photo you get a PM notifying of a new comment. This to me is a bug because you don't need notification of your own comment. ;)

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Thanks for catching the bug. I fixed it for the next release. If you want to fix it on your site manually for now
Open dbtech/gallery/actions/ajax.php

On about line 367 find
PHP:
            if ($profile_info_array['info']['prof_notif_comm'] != 'no')
            {
                DBTECH_GALLERY::notify_user($to_user, $gal, $vbulletin->GPC['type'], $vbulletin->GPC['id']);
            }

and replace with

PHP:
            if (($profile_info_array['info']['prof_notif_comm'] != 'no') && ($vbulletin->userinfo['userid'] != $to_user))
            {
                DBTECH_GALLERY::notify_user($to_user, $gal, $vbulletin->GPC['type'], $vbulletin->GPC['id']);
            }

As far as the request, it makes sense. I'll probably also add a checkbox that's defaulted to selected to be notified on new comments, so people don't have to get comments on certain images if they don't want

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back