Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no Points Recalculation tool at this point in time, but it will get added in a future version :)

Your best bet would probably be to install a dedicated points mod, like say for instance vBCredits II Deluxe ;) It has such advanced functionality and will integrate nicely with vBShop :)

Aggggh no man!! I am really disappointed in this!! And I am really not going to buy a product just to get my postcounts and points integrated.

Then use the lite version, it's free and contains many more features than the simple points system in vbshop ever will :p

OK, I installed the lite version, but how in gods earth do I set it up? Is there no manual or something?

Please guys, I really need some help here. I want to then set vbcredits up to give points for posts and threads. How do I do that? And then, how do I integrate it so that those credits or points show up for vbshop?

Thanks!

I'm not qualified to instruct you in how to properly use vBCredits, but to integrate it with vBShop you would do this:
Under vBCredits, click Currency Manager.
You'll see a field like vb_user.credits (vb_ being your table prefix).

Note this down and then go to vBOptions -> vBShop Points Settings.
Turn points accumulation off.
Set Points Field to credits if that's what you found in the example above.

All done :)

OK, I did that. I also created 2 events, one for posts and one for threads. (for vbcredits) They are both working, as I can see members getting points for making posts now. The problem is that the Transactions wont update, does not matter what dates I enter there. Do you perhaps know why this is?

EDIT: I am really frustrated here. How come you guys don't give proper instructions on how to configure your products? After I did what you said, I have no more $'s for vbshop. I only had 2, for I could not update the count. Now nothing. How does vbcredits and vbshop work together then??

Last edited:
OK, I installed the lite version, but how in gods earth do I set it up? Is there no manual or something?

Please guys, I really need some help here. I want to then set vbcredits up to give points for posts and threads. How do I do that? And then, how do I integrate it so that those credits or points show up for vbshop?

Thanks!

Should be:

Action manager > Discussions > Post > New event

Then enter the info (usergroups affected, how many points, what forums it applies in etc)

You mean the transactions ou see on credits.php?
That's your own transactions only, not other peoples. John's gonna re-word it in a future update :)

You'll see a field like vb_user.credits (vb_ being your table prefix).

Note this down and then go to vBOptions -> vBShop Points Settings.
Turn points accumulation off.
Set Points Field to credits if that's what you found in the example above.

All done :)

I see this field under currency: vbuser.credits

Do I enter vbuser.credits into the points field (vbshop) or like you said: credits??

Should be:

Action manager > Discussions > Post > New event

Then enter the info (usergroups affected, how many points, what forums it applies in etc)

What is the difference between action manager and event manager, because I have 2 events set up. One for posts and one for threads. It is working, because I can see members getting points for posts made. But I cannot get it to update for all posts and threads in the past!

Sorry, I don't know :(

Can you post this in the vBCredits forum, please? John will answer it as soon as he's able to :)

Well thanks. Now I have 2 mods, that just works from today. nothing from the year that has past. Makes no sense to me to even use it now. Now everyone has to start from the beginning.

Well thanks. Now I have 2 mods, that just works from today. nothing from the year that has past. Makes no sense to me to even use it now. Now everyone has to start from the beginning.

=P He was just asking you to post in the correct section to make sure it got answered by the right person - not telling you it was impossible ;)

Anyways, try going to events > Transactions and recalculating there (or using transaction manager)

That should make it apply from whenever you set the start date.

Hope that helps ^.^

Cosmic

I tried that also, many times. Dont do anything. I see the posts and points at the bottom for recent posts. But nothing if I try to update.

I tried that also, many times. Dont do anything. I see the posts and points at the bottom for recent posts. But nothing if I try to update.

Best bet then is to make a thread/issue in the vBCredits section, which John (the creator/coder of VBC) will answer when he gets on ^.^

He knows the system much better than we do. My knowledge of it is through my own tinkering and trial/error mostly =P

Status
Not open for further replies.