Status
Not open for further replies.

mistafro

Customer
I see that almost all of the files posted to the vbdownloads area on here have the "no image" icon, and no thumbnail, what's up with that?

I want to be able to post a thumbnail preview of the image/video but don't see how to add the thumbnail file?

I see that almost all of the files posted to the vbdownloads area on here have the "no image" icon, and no thumbnail, what's up with that?

I want to be able to post a thumbnail preview of the image/video but don't see how to add the thumbnail file?
Simply upload an image with your files and the last image will be added as a thumbnail.

Doesn't work for me, I edit the file, upload a jpg and it doesn't show as the thumbnail. I purchased PRO now BTW, just thought I would post here in this thread though.

Ahh, actually I have found the problem.

Open up your dbtech_downloads_listings_bits template perform the following change.

FIND:
Code:
fileid={vb:var listings.image}

REPLACE WITH:
Code:
fileid={vb:var listings.groupid}

This will be included in the next release.

Hi, I made this change and still see the "no image" icon when viewing the category listing of files and when viewing the files page.

I also have this issue, but seriously, it makes no sense to add an image file with another file in order to show up the thumbnail... I don't think my members want to download the image, they just want to download the other file.

I would like to recommend adding an ability to use an image link to show up as a thumbnail for the file rather than INCLUDING the image file with the download...

Yes I agree, most people would
Not know that so there should be a section for uploading an image for a thumb or use a URL. I think the whole upload page needs a little UI work. Downloads II is pretty good in that respect but still has a few rough edges as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.