Status
Not open for further replies.

Trekkan

Customer
There's no thread/forum to post these in, so I'm posting here. =)

When I click any of the top tabs, they aren't using AJAX and do a full page reload.

When the page reloads, I still have all of the forums listed.

When I click the tab on the second row, the the page reloads via AJAX and I only see the tabs I would expect.

So basically what happens is, there are two clicks and a page refresh required to use any of the tabs.

Thanks Trekkan.

There are two types of here, a categories tab and a regular tab. The top row is the categories tab and is the tab that can hold style changes. For style changes to gain effect the whole page needs to be rerendered to take in any template changes, hence the complete page reload which would need to be done either via a regular click or via AJAX. If done via AJAX it would mean resetting all the Javascript commands on the page which would impact on compatibility with other modifications. I'm still looking at other options on the categories tabs including jumping to an anchor on the page to avoid scrolling down the long forum home of DBTech. :D

At the moment the tabs default to the 'All' tab, but in the next update you will be able to set the default tab load when you go to a new category tab thereby removing the 'two clicks' issue.

Thanks for the observations and questions... keep them coming. :)

Mokonzi Thanks for the explanation! Makes sense. Maybe make the top category tabs look more different or something too, so you know they are the categories.

Also, noticed another bug, if you switch over the to DBT MMO theme, you'll see that the colors don't fit that theme. As I use that theme as my primary theme, I'd like to see that fixed before release. ;) Looking really good though, this is very much what I was wanting!

One question, how do you add something to the favorites from the main display? I read that you could do it from the forum home as well as the settings. But I didn't see a way to do it from the forumhome page.

I'll adjust the StyleVars to fit better (still working out what customizations I need to make in StyleVars for best effect).

I'll see what we can do about the categories to adjust them in some way. You can add something to the favourites display by clicking the little green + button next to the left of the Thread/Post count on the Forum Home and Forum Display pages. There is also a drop down menu in the Forum Display that links you to your favourites and lets you add/remove the forum from them.

I'll adjust the StyleVars to fit better (still working out what customizations I need to make in StyleVars for best effect).

I'll see what we can do about the categories to adjust them in some way. You can add something to the favourites display by clicking the little green + button next to the left of the Thread/Post count on the Forum Home and Forum Display pages. There is also a drop down menu in the Forum Display that links you to your favourites and lets you add/remove the forum from them.

I would put money on that those were not there earlier tonight when I checked... but I see 'em now. =)

If you switch to the DBT Blue theme, those icons are a bit off.

Are the images you're using for the + and - custom ones? I ask because I'd need to change those on my theme so they look right on a dark background.

Also, I try to find everything I can, so I hope you don't mind! It's a great mod and I can't wait to get my hands on it. =)

I'm out of the house for a few hours but will check when I get back in. If you can post a screenshot of what is odd it would help a lot. :)

We did tweak the JavaScript that runs those buttons so it might have took a bit to filter through if your browser was using a cached file.

The buttons are custom (+ and x) but are only slightly shrunk from the two of the default vB ones.

Last edited:
Cool, I'm glad they are custom, so I can edit them without affecting anything else.

Here's a screenshot of what I was talking about. So far it appears only to be on the DBT Blue theme so it's probably just a problem there and not with your stuff, but just pointing it out as it may be a problem on other custom themes or something.

dbt_icons.png

That is an issue to do with widths and the way vB naturally wraps those icons. Shrink the browser more and you'll see what I mean. Will have a tinker later to see of there is a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.