Status
Not open for further replies.

impaktZygo

Customer
Hello,

We recently purchased the Pro version of NavTabs and installed v1.2.0 for vB4.2. Ever since, we are having issues with the footer on our forum. It is the exact same issue as described in this thread http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/f117/issues-8001/ (Issue #1 ). I believe you made a change to that forum's footer to resolve the issue. Can you detail what you had to do so we can implement the fix in our forum or we can get you into admincp to fix it for us. Whichever is easiest.

Thanks,

Tom

I really don't remember exactly what I did, if you pm me a admin acct I can look into it and see if I can remember what I did.

Is the arrow chat lines the only additions you have made to the footer template?

Ok check it out, I don't know why it is not playing nice, but I changed the footer template, to the default footer, added the line for BP branding and arrow chat and it seems ok now.

hmmmm, still not working quite right. Suppose it might help if i showed you what the skin looks like

vBulletin 4.1 Skins & Styles

Obviously we switched out some of the images, but if we disable the NavTabs section, it shows the social media icons at the top along with the bar

Ok good, I see they add some additional code to the navbar template, and I use my own navbar template, so I needed to manually add the extra code into my template.

Not a problem, thanks for the access, so now I finally know how to tell users to fix it correctly for that particular skin type. ;)

Off the top of my head, no. But if you pm me a admin account I can look into it and maybe something will click

Papa Bear OK I installed this on my dev console and I see the problem, open the footer template and find:

Code:
</div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div>

And replace it with this:

Code:
<!--</div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div>-->

I don't know why they have all those extra closing div's in there as it seems they are not needed.

EDIT: I know why they did that now, they opened a bunch of div's in the navbar, and then closed them in the footer, and since I use my own navbar template, it throws off the page layout with the closing div's doing nothing. So if you ever uninstall vBNavTabs or disable it for some reason, just undo the above edit.

Last edited:
Yeah the large amount of closing tag is due to the fact they open them in the navbar, and close them in the footer, and since I use my own navbar template, it throws off the page layout with the closing div's doing nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBNavTabs

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings