Status
Not open for further replies.

webrunner

Hi,
I just updated vbarcade to version 1.1.1 and now the scores are not submitting anymore.
Inside the box there is an error message just briefly visibla: uploaded files are too large (or something like that, it really goes away fast) and then it brings me to the comment of my old highscore.

Please help, members are complaining :(

Well this is a new error :)

Does it happen for every game? What scoring type do affected games use? (mochi, ipa, etc)

I am glad you are happy with a new bug..i'm not really happy about it...:rolleyes:

It happens on all games. ( i haven't tested them all 2500 to be honest ;) )
I only have Mochi games and iBproarcade games that i import from a directory.

---------- Post added at 07:43 ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 ----------

What is even weirder.... the problem seems to have solved itself....:confused::eek:

Just a little side comment, that's a server side error:

It means your server isn't set up to process files that large, which explains how it "fixed" itself (subsequent files were smaller).

Sorry, i don't understand that explenation.
What files exactly, i am trying to submit a score, not uploading files....

I just upgraded tot 1.20 and it happened again. I get the same error.
(BTW: i noticed this topic is in the lite section when i actually got a pro version)

---------- Post added 26th March 2012 at 00:18 ---------- Previous post was 25th March 2012 at 23:47 ----------

Just tested some more and it seems to be working when i use chrome, just not when i use FF

Last edited:
I actually realized this error is thrown by vbulletin (not php), and seems to be a file-upload error detection thing, which interferes with some games' incorrect submission headers. because it has nothing to do with the arcade, we can bypass it thusly:

in arcade.php find
PHP:
// ################### PRE-CACHE TEMPLATES AND DATA ######################

add below

PHP:
if (strtoupper($_SERVER['REQUEST_METHOD']) == 'POST' AND empty($_POST))
    unset($_SERVER['CONTENT_LENGTH']); //allow bad game submits

should bother you no longer!

i did some more testing and i'm not sure you are right about this.
The strange thing is that it only happens in FireFox. When i use chrome the games work perfectly.

Knowing this, should i still use this patch?

That exact line is generated by vbulletin in init.php under some specific circumstances related to detecting when an upload was not completed successfully. This doesn't apply to the arcade, and games that submit scores coincidentally in the way that causes vb to choke on that isnt helping anyone - so the patch will rightfully bypass that :) i cant change what/how the games submit.

If it's fine in chrome,yet not in FF,then surely thats a browser caching fault..I use FF and can't reproduce that error.

Last edited:
Browsers are what generate headers, and vb is reading headers to determine when to kill the page with that error (again - under what it assumes is a file upload, when it isnt).
So it's only natural that some browsers will attempt to correct things with their own headers vs others.

Apply the patch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBArcade

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings