Status
Not open for further replies.

derbtek

Customer
Hello. I just uploaded all of the files for this product, and then tried uploading the xml file, and I received this error:

/home/clubnook/public_html/forum/dbtech/vbeditortabs/includes/class_install.php appears to be missing!

I checked the files that I downloaded from your site, and, sure enough, there is not "class_install.php" file in the includes folder.

How can we resolve this?

Derwin

That file does indeed exist in the download :)

Are you sure you uploaded the contents of the upload folder to your public_html folder? A lot of people accidentally upload the upload folder itself, not its contents :)

Yeah, I'm pretty well versed in doing this kind of thing.

I checked the "upload" folder, and I can't see it.

But that said, I went and checked the server where the files are sitting, and the structure is this:

forum/dbtech/postbittabs/
and
forum/dbtech/postbittabs/pro/

I do not see a "vbeditortabs" folder under the "dbtech" folder.

And, yes, I uploaded everything correctly. Here's a screen capture:

server.jpg

Just so I'm clear; exactly what product are you trying to install? vBEditorTabs, or Postbit Tabs?

Well, I posted this in the "vBEditorTabs" forum, and that is what I am referring to.

I gave you all of the access information. Did you get a chance to look this over?

I asked because in the .zip file that came with vBEditorTabs, the folders you claim are missing are indeed present, so - save for any server issues where it's unable to write to the directory or something like that - those two folders would be there if you drag-and-drop the contents of the upload folder to your public_html folder.

I didn't want to assume you had done something wrong when uploading the files, and wanted to make sure you weren't just posting in this forum because it was vBEditorTabs that was mentioned in the error message :)

I'll post back when I have updates for you :)

There were no vBEditorTabs files in the forum folder on your site, I uploaded the contents of the upload folder and the mod installed successfully.

We created a bunch of tabs, but none of them are showing up.

And, yes, I made sure that they are active for the appropriate usergroup.

We've been messing with this for a while, and cannot resolve this.

No tabs show up at all.

Could you please create and PM me with a temporary AdminCP account?

For security reasons, we recommend you create a new AdminCP account only for DBTech support, then disable or delete it after we have both confirmed the issue has been solved and there are no further issues. It should ideally be a temporary account created for us only. If we have created an account on your site already, you can optionally boost that account to Administrator and then de-admin this account once the issue has been solved.

If you use a .htaccess password protection for your AdminCP directory, it is recommended that you create a new authorised user for DBTech and remove this user once the issue has been solved.

Please test any temporary accounts you create to ensure that the AdminCP account can access the administrative controls for the product we are assisting you with.

Ensuring this is all in order before submitting the information will significantly speed up the process of assisting you. We will alert you via PM if there's any issues with the login information you have provided.

When sending the PM, for your security you should also un-tick the "Save a copy in my Sent Items folder" checkbox. When the access details have been received, we will delete the PM from our inbox. Ensuring you have not kept a copy of the PM reduces the risk of security breaches.

Thank you for helping us debug our products and allowing us to assist you, we appreciate it

It appears to be one of the smilies in the Happy tab is screwing it all up. Once I disabled that tab, everything else worked fine. The last time I saw this, one of the smilies had a single quote (') in it which broke the code. I quickly went through all of the smilies in the Happy tab and didn't see anything like that, so I'm not sure which one it could be. You might try moving some out of that tab and seeing when it shows up to try to narrow down the bad smilie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBEditorTabs

vBulletin 4.1.4+ vBulletin 4.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back