Status
Not open for further replies.

Debbi

Customer
My host tells me I have it, however I get this message when I attemt to utilize it with vB Optimise Pro.

vB Optimise: You have selected a cache method that vB Optimise has detected you cannot use, this may be because the extension required is either not installed or configured correctly on your server. Please contact your system administrator or hosting provider for more information.

Is there anything in the php.ini file I need to change? I checked my php.info.

eAccelerator
eAccelerator support enabled
Version 0.9.6
Caching Enabled true
Optimizer Enabled true
Check mtime Enabled true
Memory Size 16,777,176 Bytes
Memory Available 16,774,576 Bytes
Memory Allocated 2,600 Bytes
Cached Scripts 1
Removed Scripts 0

I think what vBo is trying to tell you is your using a chache method with vBo that you cannot use (or requires a setup of some sort like xCache or something), in your vBo options what caching method have you selected (theres a choice i believe you can select from) My guess is you've selected one that requires additional setup (i'm sure Deceptor can point you in the right direction). Try changing the cache method to something else (if i remember from the top of my head you get something like "Filed", "xCache", "vBulletin default" and another one as methods (could be wrong though). give it a go changing them and see if that solves your problem.

i'll get Deceptor to look at this and he'll be able to tell you what the problem could be if he visits your site. Give my method a go as a temporary fix and i'll get Deceptor to come take a look.

There are a lot of settings that may be the cause....although i'm no expert

Does eAccelerator has an authentification method in the php.ini file?

May I attach the phi.ini file for you? I know absolutely nothing about the settings. Sorry, I'm really dumb about this sort of thing. I just assumed that since eAccelerator was installed on my website I'd be able to use that option.

I think what vBo is trying to tell you is your using a chache method with vBo that you cannot use (or requires a setup of some sort like xCache or something), in your vBo options what caching method have you selected (theres a choice i believe you can select from) My guess is you've selected one that requires additional setup (i'm sure Deceptor can point you in the right direction). Try changing the cache method to something else (if i remember from the top of my head you get something like "Filed", "xCache", "vBulletin default" and another one as methods (could be wrong though). give it a go changing them and see if that solves your problem.

i'll get Deceptor to look at this and he'll be able to tell you what the problem could be if he visits your site. Give my method a go as a temporary fix and i'll get Deceptor to come take a look.
Oh it works fine with filecache. I just thought eAccelerator would make it faster. I appreciate your input very much.

eAccelerator will make it -much- faster, Filecache is something that will work on all systems but is not as effective.

eAccelerator is installed - but it needs to be re-installed with caching support enabled (it's not enabled by default on eAccelerator). This is taken from the FAQ in the vB.org thread:
Deceptor said:
Q: I have eAccelerator installed, but vB Optimise tells me it's not?
A: eAccelerator does not provide the caching extension by default, you will need to recompile PHP with additional flags. For more information read eAccelerator documentation located here: http://eaccelerator.net/wiki/CompileConfiguration (Specifically look at: with-eaccelerator-shared-memory)

You might need to get your host to do this for you :)

Thank you so much Deceptor. I will ask them. At least I know now what to do to solve the problem.

OK, here are my eAccelerator settings, and I still can't get the eAccelerator function to work in vB Opromize Pro.

eAccelerator
eAccelerator support enabled
Version 0.9.6
Caching Enabled true
Optimizer Enabled true
Check mtime Enabled true
Memory Size 16,777,176 Bytes
Memory Available 16,774,576 Bytes
Memory Allocated 2,600 Bytes
Cached Scripts 1
Removed Scripts 0

Directive Local Value Master Value
eaccelerator.allowed_admin_path no value no value
eaccelerator.cache_dir /home/eaccelerator /home/eaccelerator
eaccelerator.check_mtime 1 1
eaccelerator.debug 0 0
eaccelerator.enable 1 1
eaccelerator.filter no value no value
eaccelerator.log_file no value no value
eaccelerator.optimizer 1 1
eaccelerator.shm_max 0 0
eaccelerator.shm_only 0 0
eaccelerator.shm_prune_period 0 0
eaccelerator.shm_size 16 16
eaccelerator.shm_ttl 0 0

Hi Debbi,

Did your host recompile eAccelerator? It's not as simple as a setting unfortunately with eAccelerator - and they don't install the extension for Opcache by default which is why this trips a lot of people up. As you can see here http://eaccelerator.net/wiki/CompileConfiguration, if you read the item noted as "with-eaccelerator-shared-memory" you'll see this is a "Compile Flag" for eAccelerator when it is initially installed to enable/disable the Opcache extension - without that extension no PHP script in the world can use eAccelerator.

Deceptor, I have copied your response and sent it to them. This is all so over my head LOL! We'll see how they respond. I am determined to get this working. I appreciate your patience and all your good help.

It's no problem at all :) Feel free to paste their responses here (blank out any sensitive info obviously), that way I can respond directly to what they say if required :)

Well I guess I'm screwed. This is what they said.

The eAccelerator configuration you mentioned can be done on a VPS server only. It is not supported on shared servers.

hmmmm :( any other Opcache Operator that can be installed in shared hosting? I'm sure there must be a way

Guess I'll just have to live with filecache. They don't seem to be very concerned with helping me out. Anyway guys, I truly appreciate all the help given in this thread. Love your products. Customer for life here.

No worries. I'm quite sure my board will be faster than it was before adding vB Optomise Pro, and in the end, that's what really matters to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back