Status
Not open for further replies.

wotnetworks

Customer
I have my first contest setup and going well, and will only have one winner. The Contest Activity will only show the person currently in the lead. I think it would be great for motivating people to compete by being more active if we should show a leaderboard.

Is there any way to do this?

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'll change this to a feature request for implementing a separate "x" for leaderboard from the winner count :)

Great! I think that would be a big plus to anyone running a contest. It will make the members be more competitive.

Any ETA for this?

Unless this has already been implemented, which i don't believe has, I have a suggestion in the meantime for those waiting.

This really works for the contests that are for physical prizes really. But what I was thinking is if you only have 1 winner, then put the total number of winners at something like 5, then on the contest page it will show the top 5 standing members and therefore they can see how they are doing. Then at the end of the competition all 5 will probably be awarded a trophy or something, but the real winner, i.e. #1 would get the physical prize.

It's worth a try while you wait.

It has been implemented, contests can now display who's currently in the lead on the progress page as you yourself noticed in your other thread :)
I've updated the status of this ticket to reflect this.

Personally (and as such, not a reflection of DragonByte Tech's policies) I don't believe we will be adding support for physical prizes to this mod. There's nothing stopping you from contacting the person who placed first in your contest and requesting his address, though :)

Don't worry about the physical prize aspect, i'll just issue the physical prize to the winner.

But in regards to this request, I know if I have 1 prize the page will display the current standing, but i thought this request was to show a leaderboard for the contest so that those not in the current standing can see their progress compared to others. From what i can see it doesn't do that, it only shows the current lead and his score.

Sorry, I don't understand what you're saying.

When the contest is in progress, it will display the current standing if you have enabled in-progress display in the settings for that particular contest. This is what this thread requested, and that has been implemented.
When the contest has finished, the "past contests" page will display the final results regardless of the in-progress display settings.

Sorry, I don't understand what you're saying.

When the contest is in progress, it will display the current standing if you have enabled in-progress display in the settings for that particular contest. This is what this thread requested, and that has been implemented.
When the contest has finished, the "past contests" page will display the final results regardless of the in-progress display settings.
I'm sorry but I believe you have misunderstood the opening post of this thread.

He states it shows the current standing lead but wants a leaderboard to show other participates, possibly top 5 or top 10 to encourage activity in the competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back