Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemanja

Customer
Ohhh, Nooooo :(

I must say that I agree with other members here who bought this mod in order for them to have contests and now that feature is lacking in some basic options.

Being a admin I have searched for nice mode which will have contest option, so I bought life-time membership, because I want to run contest every week or month on my forum.
I like the whole mod and my members like it also, I have set up all the points and other stuff with this mod on my forum,
but now when I tried to create new contest I see that this is totally different from what I was searching and hoping for...

These are the problems/issues I have with this mod and I which I think are most need in order for this mod to be perfect and without competition.
That said I have divided them in critical and less critical feature upgrades:

A) Critical
1) We need option to choose from public or non-public contest,
We need public contest, because I need my members know about it and how they stand against each other and I think the problems with the spammer(short posts) is for mods and admins of the forum to deal with.

2) Option for winners assignment based on how targeted points are reached/completed,
We need option to choose between if we want winners based on first come to the targeted points or overall winner in certain time period​

B) Less Critical
1) Targeted Points Options
a) Targeted points for each winner, like minimum points to reach on order to get the prize
b) Different criteria for contest, like targeted posts, threads or the combinations of few criteria​

2) Custom Prize Options
Most of us are giving $ or tangible goods to our winners, so we need some custom fields for custom prizes which are not standard awards from this mod

3) Email or/and PM notifications to winners at the end of the contest, to admin as well (enable/disable options will be great)​

I really like this mod in general, but not having these basic options for contest part of the mod, makes this mod practically useless for me now.
I hope that you will make and implement these changes as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Thanks, please at least make critical features.
If they will be in some new version, when we can expect this do be implemented, but seriously,
because we need this critical features like yesterday.

Thanks, please at least make critical features.
If they will be in some new version, when we can expect this do be implemented, but seriously,
because we need this critical features like yesterday.

There is no timescale available for the next update unfortunately. I can tell you that it is not planned in the next 4 weeks, but beyond that the schedule has not yet been decided.

Cosmic

And the list of customers not satisfied by the contest system is growing up :(
I think you should consider seriously to dedicate some time for this product.

And the list of customers not satisfied by the contest system is growing up :(
I think you should consider seriously to dedicate some time for this product.

We have plans to update all of our products - unfortunately what people see as "critical" changes from person to person. While you may really want a better contest system in VBAA, someone else might want more display options for Advanced Post Thanks/Like and someone else again might want the ability for non-forum members to sign up to mailing lists.

Even if we ignore all of the other products to be updated there are 2 or 3 people who have mentioned they are unhappy with the contests portion.That means there are hundreds of other customers who aren't - this shows that while you personally consider it a huge issue that should be dealt with immediately, most VBAA customers don't.

In short, everyone feels that their request is the most important and should be done first - obviously that's not physically possible though =P. To be fair to ALL of our customers we try to keep the updating time given to each product more or less equal.

Rest assured that improving the contests portion of VBAA *IS* on the to-do list - this post was just my attempt at explaining why we aren't dropping everything to do it immediately, we DO take ALL reports of customers being unhappy on board and do everything we can to rectify that.

Cosmic

Last edited:
As per the changelog where you found out about the new version:
vBActivity v2.1.9
Fix: Notification links should now hopefully work with vBSEO even when its "Rewrite Member URLs" setting set to No
Fix: Any un-recorded hotfixes since the last version released.
Fix: (Pro) Recalculate Promotions button in the Maintenance screen now works as intended
Change: (Developers only) Added ability for other modifications to hook into the adding of rewards (achievements, trophies)
Change: The products now support the Product URL and Version Check features of the vBulletin Product Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.