Status
Not open for further replies.

overhere

Customer
hello,
in your instruction manual it says "On threads and blogs that are in categories or forums that are approved for nominating," - how do i approve certain categories, forums, threads or posts for 'nominating'?

i have lifetime VBnominate but it simply dont appear to be working, the above seems the first step in your mod manual? I've played around in siite admin but to no avail...

cann you please guide me as to how to get this mod working in site admin?

thanks

basically, at the below left of my above post you have 'Nominate' preceded by a tick - you have this all acrosss your webssite - how do i get this activated on my site? (I have the lifetime vbnominate installed in my site).

and how do i set up what you see in the pic below? i have tried all your instructions but no result...also i cant activate the nominations box also seen belo?
could there be an isssue with installation?
please advise...nomi.JPG
nomibox.JPG

Heya,
Dylan will reply to you as soon as he is able, please be patient as response times over the holiday period may be a little longer than usual :)

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Cosmic

I'm sorry I didn't get to you earlier, can I get access to your site? Without seeing what's going on it's hard to tell what the problem is.

Could you please create and PM me with a temporary AdminCP account?

For security reasons, we recommend you create a new AdminCP account only for DBTech support, then disable or delete it after we have both confirmed the issue has been solved and there are no further issues. It should ideally be a temporary account created for us only. If we have created an account on your site already, you can optionally boost that account to Administrator and then de-admin this account once the issue has been solved.

If you use a .htaccess password protection for your AdminCP directory, it is recommended that you create a new authorised user for DBTech and remove this user once the issue has been solved.

Please test any temporary accounts you create to ensure that the AdminCP account can access the administrative controls for the product we are assisting you with.

Ensuring this is all in order before submitting the information will significantly speed up the process of assisting you. We will alert you via PM if there's any issues with the login information you have provided.

When sending the PM, for your security you should also un-tick the "Save a copy in my Sent Items folder" checkbox. When the access details have been received, we will delete the PM from our inbox. Ensuring you have not kept a copy of the PM reduces the risk of security breaches.

Thank you for helping us debug our products and allowing us to assist you, we appreciate it

Thanks for this - while i wait for my tech team to respond to you, I am attempting to work out how vBNominate is working on this website - please tell me:

I logged in as an alternativve test i.d. and then i came to this page and under my last post above 24th December 2012, 12:23 i clicked 'Nominate' and in the drop-down menu i clicked 'Post' and 'Grabbabg of the week' and same again with 'Thread' etc.

Now, what happens after this? Are these 2 nominations supposed to show up in the 'Nominations' box below? And, the nominations shown in the box below seem to be links but when you click on them nothing happens?

nomibox.JPG

And, also, are these 2 nominations also supposed to show up under 'vBNominate' on 'overhere's' profile page?

But, in both places both nominations haven't shown up? So, what exactly happens when nominations as on this page ae made?

Please clarify how this mod functions exactly.

Thanks.

Last edited:
The block on the right of the forums is for completed nominations. The CMS module, forum sidebar and profile all show the results of the completed ones, not current running ones.

The winning entries themselves are clickable, but the nomination title is just underlined text.

Thank you - please tell me this: In the photo below when you click "Nominate' and you then hit any of the 4 sub-options you are only shown the name of the Nomination set up in site admin:

nomi1.JPG

- But, when you do the same on this website and you hit one of the 5 sub-options you see 'Grabbag of the Week', 'Thread of the Month', & 'User of the Month' etc. - how do I set this up within my site admin? (I mean how do i remove the name of the Nomination, set up in site admin, appearing everywhere against all sub-options?)

- And in your sub-options you also have the option 'Signature' - how do I add this to my currently 4 sub-options?

Please advise...

Regards.

Last edited:
Following my last message, I have thoroughly looked at VBnominate in my site admin - and there doesn't seem to be any option to bring out my vbnominate on par with how it is working on your website? All i can to do in my site admin iss turn it on or off or set up one-off or continuous nominations?

Please advise in response to what i say in my last message - i eed to set this up quickly as it is on your site and then just leave it runnng.

thanks.

The grabbag of the week nomination is a rotating weekly nomination that we have setup for the type of All. The signature option only shows if that current poster has a signature to nominate.

Thank you - please tell me this: In the photo below when you click "Nominate' and you then hit any of the 4 sub-options you are only shown the name of the Nomination set up in site admin:

View attachment 3696

- But, when you do the same on this website and you hit one of the 5 sub-options you see 'Grabbag of the Week', 'Thread of the Month', & 'User of the Month' etc. - how do I set this up within my site admin? (I mean how do i remove the name of the Nomination, set up in site admin, appearing everywhere against all sub-options?)

- And in your sub-options you also have the option 'Signature' - how do I add this to my currently 4 sub-options?

Please advise...

Regards.

I note about the Signature bit, but, I dont get how to do the rest of it... As in my quote above, when I hit any of the sub-options in the drop down window after cllicking 'nominate', all I see is the name of the Nomination set up in site admin against all drop down options?

In your site you have custom texts like 'Grabbag of the week' or.and 'Thread of the Month', often appearing together next to 'Thread' for example, etc., when someone hits Post Avatar or User etc in your 'Nominate' drop down options?

I have tried adding such custom descriptions in the Nomination set up box but still i only get the name of the nomination it self?

So, how do i set up the custom texts against any or all of the sub options as seen in your 'nominate'?

Also, about this pic:

conflict.JPG

Look at 'testnomination' this ended 6th jan 13 and this is shown correctly on the left side in the pic - but, then, why is 'testnomination' shown on the right side of the pic as "start Date' today?

Isn't this a conflict? This is confusing?

Thanks.

I kind of need access to look at this stuff and see what you have and why it's not displaying correctly.

I'll look at the nominations block though and see if I can replicate that problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBNominate

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back