Status
Not open for further replies.

tavenger5

Customer
I would very much like to see support for at least one CDN for pictures to be stored on. Currently my small photo site has over 11k images which take up 2.5gb of space. It would be perfect if I could connect the upload mechanism to Amazon S3 (see the beta of vbOptimise) and/or define a prefix for bucket CDN's, such as MaxCDN. This would save my servers, and many others, a lot of bandwidth.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
If you have VBSEO then this be able to be done automatically, but if you don't then a CDN option might be something that should be considered.

I'm not sure if it will help except for drive space. The images are being loaded through php to hide their location. So even if the images were on a cdn, the image would need to be read into the script and then displayed to the user.
If it's a drive space issue I can see it helping. I'll look into it and see. I would probably need to load it locally, ftp it over to the cdn and then delete it locally. Then when I go to display the image, I'd read from the cdn and display the image.

Not just drive space, but also better load times for users, and a lower load on the webserver (despite being called from php, it wouldn't have to load the stored image). Not to mention if anyone links to that image it won't use additional server resources loading the image. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.