Status
Not open for further replies.

trafficmedia

Customer
Hello,

The new version (BETA) of VBOptimise CDN can't be run in safe mode or if base dir on.
Warning: curl_setopt_array() [function.curl-setopt-array]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when safe_mode is enabled or an open_basedir is set in [path]/vboptimise/cdn/amazon_s3/cdn.php on line 100

Please look at: http://www.edmondscommerce.co.uk/curl/php-curl-curlopt_followlocation-and-open_basedir-or-safe-mode/
Another source: http://antczak.org/2009/12/curl-rozwiazanie-problemu-z-curlopt_followlocation/

Best regards,
T

Last edited:
Perhaps this would have been better suited as a Bug rather than a Question, I don't see any questions in your post :)

We can't change the category, there's different questions and answers that are required for each category.

In any case, I'll see about getting this fixed :)
In the meantime, is there a particular reason you are running with safe mode / open basedir? They really don't provide any noticeable security improvements from my experiences, I personally have access to a PHP Shell script that is completely unaffected by either of those methods, so long as it has been uploaded to a directory that is CHMOD writable (such as the vbulletin_css folder, the sitemap folder or any of vBSEO's data writing folders.)

We can't change the category, there's different questions and answers that are required for each category.

In any case, I'll see about getting this fixed :)
In the meantime, is there a particular reason you are running with safe mode / open basedir? They really don't provide any noticeable security improvements from my experiences, I personally have access to a PHP Shell script that is completely unaffected by either of those methods, so long as it has been uploaded to a directory that is CHMOD writable (such as the vbulletin_css folder, the sitemap folder or any of vBSEO's data writing folders.)

Hello,

I start using safe_mode and open_base_dir 3 month ago, after hacked (shell r57 in vboptimise folder) - It is very seorius for me and other your clients.

The only shell I know about is the c99 one, and that works in safe mode and with open_basedir on.

The steps you should take to ensure your security without compromising functionality is:
* Ensure only your absolutely trusted admins have Can Administer Products - this permission can be used to upload the shell script.
* Ensure no scripts that can upload files write inside the /www or /public_html folders. This would be a major security issue on many levels.

open_basedir and Safe Mode won't protect you from uploads to writable folders.

The only shell I know about is the c99 one, and that works in safe mode and with open_basedir on.

The steps you should take to ensure your security without compromising functionality is:
* Ensure only your absolutely trusted admins have Can Administer Products - this permission can be used to upload the shell script.
* Ensure no scripts that can upload files write inside the /www or /public_html folders. This would be a major security issue on many levels.

open_basedir and Safe Mode won't protect you from uploads to writable folders.

Yes, of course your tips are used by us from long time ago.

Safe mode in PHP> = 5.3 has been deprecated, so safe_mode feature is disabled. But basedir must be enabled (for security reasons).
Please look at our phpinfo: http://precyl.pl/iixx1.php

Last edited:
Could you let us know which CDN you are using? After a quick browse I have discovered some CDNs will not work with open_basedir enabled.

Warning: curl_setopt_array() [function.curl-setopt-array]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when safe_mode is enabled or an open_basedir is set in [path]/vboptimise/cdn/amazon_s3/cdn.php on line 100

amazon s3, this can be problematic for many customers.

amazon s3, this can be problematic for many customers.

Unfortunately if the CDN itself is the issue, it's not likely to be something we can fix - equally we cannot guarantee it will work with every server configuration, so if you absolutely *must* have a non-standard server config like open_basedir turned on then you may be unable to use that feature.

Fillip H. and David will look into it to see if they can find a solution though. Failing that you will have to choose between the CDN and open_basedir.

Cosmic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vB Optimise

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings