Status
Not open for further replies.

jdj

Customer
I've just purchased version 3.0.3 and installed it on my test site. First comment is that there are no installation instructions in the html file entitled "Documentation" in the download.

I have installed all the files from the upload folder, including thanks.php, into the root of the site. I have then uploaded the XML file for vB4 via the admincp manage products section. I've then gone back to the vBulletin admincp, settings menu and set the settings for the addon that seem to be appropriate.

I've checked the manual for post installation configuraton and it gives me the following

After installation is completed (you may also choose to do this after each upgrade) check the settings and configuration as detailed in the following linked sections:

Main Advanced Post Thanks/Like Settings {{{Link}}}
• Importing Buttons {{{Link}}}
• Managing Buttons {{{Link}}}
• Managing Forums {{{Link}}}
• Phrases

But there are no links inside the brackets so I have no idea what this refers to and there is nothing showing in the vBulletin admincp to tell me what to change. When I go to the forum and do a test post the buttons don't appear on the site.

So I'm guessing that there is something I have to configure to get the buttons to show, but I cannot see it anywhere.

Help welcome.

I've just purchased version 3.0.3 and installed it on my test site. First comment is that there are no installation instructions in the html file entitled "Documentation" in the download.

I have installed all the files from the upload folder, including thanks.php, into the root of the site. I have then uploaded the XML file for vB4 via the admincp manage products section. I've then gone back to the vBulletin admincp, settings menu and set the settings for the addon that seem to be appropriate.

I've checked the manual for post installation configuraton and it gives me the following

After installation is completed (you may also choose to do this after each upgrade) check the settings and configuration as detailed in the following linked sections:

Main Advanced Post Thanks/Like Settings {{{Link}}}
• Importing Buttons {{{Link}}}
• Managing Buttons {{{Link}}}
• Managing Forums {{{Link}}}
• Phrases

But there are no links inside the brackets so I have no idea what this refers to and there is nothing showing in the vBulletin admincp to tell me what to change. When I go to the forum and do a test post the buttons don't appear on the site.

So I'm guessing that there is something I have to configure to get the buttons to show, but I cannot see it anywhere.

Help welcome.

Just found the answer to my own question. For anybody wrestling with this it was an administrator permissions issue which was causing the configuration menus not to appear in the left hand side of the vBulletin admincp. However, there are still no instructions in the html file entitled "documentation" in the download.

Last edited:
Are you attempting to view the document in Internet Explorer? If so, please try viewing it in another browser. IE's security settings won't allow remote JavaScript to be loaded, and thus nothing will display / work :)

For reference, all documentation can be found in the support forums of the mod in question stickied, and also manually browsed here: Index of /docs

Are you attempting to view the document in Internet Explorer? If so, please try viewing it in another browser. IE's security settings won't allow remote JavaScript to be loaded, and thus nothing will display / work :)

For reference, all documentation can be found in the support forums of the mod in question stickied, and also manually browsed here: Index of /docs

No, I'm viewing it in Firefox which is my standard. I've just discovered the manuals at the start of each thread, I was just puzzled initially that the instructions weren't in the html file that came with the download.

Where I'm up to at the moment is that I can view the menus on the left hand side of the admincp but I can't get the buttons to display on the threads at the moment, whatever I set for the permissions. If there's a summary somewhere of the most common problems that catch people out then a link would be appreciated.

I'm also a bit confused by your reply. Are you saying that if I install this mod on my forum then anybody visiting my forum using Internet Explorer won't be able to see the like buttons?

No, I'm viewing it in Firefox which is my standard. I've just discovered the manuals at the start of each thread, I was just puzzled initially that the instructions weren't in the html file that came with the download.
I have no problems seeing the contents in my Firefox browser, but browsing the contents is trickier. It works better in Chrome, though.

Where I'm up to at the moment is that I can view the menus on the left hand side of the admincp but I can't get the buttons to display on the threads at the moment, whatever I set for the permissions. If there's a summary somewhere of the most common problems that catch people out then a link would be appreciated.
Have you set the Can Click permissions for the buttons, and ensured that in the Forum Manager under the DBTech - Thanks group there's no forums that have the buttons disabled?

I'm also a bit confused by your reply. Are you saying that if I install this mod on my forum then anybody visiting my forum using Internet Explorer won't be able to see the like buttons?
My post was exclusively talking about the documentation.html file :)

Have you set the Can Click permissions for the buttons, and ensured that in the Forum Manager under the DBTech - Thanks group there's no forums that have the buttons disabled?

I think by this you may mean the exclusivity button. That could be my problem as I've just got one of the other buttons to appear. For anyone like me that's new to this permissions have to be set for each button for each forum and at the bottom of the list of settings to change for each button there's an exclusivity button....just checked and that was my problem.

What was the answer on internet explorer? If I put this on my live site, will people using internet explorer not be able to like/dislike the posts?

Last edited:
I think by this you may mean the exclusivity button
No, I mean the "Can Click" checkbox :)

Under Permissions, there's a column called "Usergroup", then the next column is "Can Click".

The boxes under that column need to be ticked in order for the buttons to show up.

And what was the answer on internet explorer? If I put this on my live site, will people using internet explorer not be able to like/dislike the posts?
As I said in my previous post, my comment regarding Internet Explorer only dealt with the file "documentation.html" - it does not affect the functionality of the mod.

No, I mean the "Can Click" checkbox :)

Under Permissions, there's a column called "Usergroup", then the next column is "Can Click".

The boxes under that column need to be ticked in order for the buttons to show up.

As I said in my previous post, my comment regarding Internet Explorer only dealt with the file "documentation.html" - it does not affect the functionality of the mod.

OK, that's great thanks. I think I'm sorted now. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.