Status
Not open for further replies.

mdelisle

Customer
Might be a bad translation on my part, but I thought there would be a setting to automatically assign threadmin permissions to the OP.
The reason I thought this was because the marketing image of the product had the bullet point "Let Thread starter mod posts".

Is there a setting I am missing? Or did the bullet point refer to the ability to assign anyone as a threadmin, including
the OP? If not, can it be added?

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Very interesting idea. I'll see what we can do about something like that. Very nifty idea. :)

Is there a setting I am missing? Or did the bullet point refer to the ability to assign anyone as a threadmin, including
the OP? If not, can it be added?

Just to specify an answer to the questions... It's not a current feature, but is something we could include. You can assign any user as Threadmin, but you need to do it via the Thread or via the ACP. You can also pick to allow the Opening Poster to have moderator permissions. :)

Thanks for the answer. This would be a great feature :RpS_biggrin:

Actually, I need this feature for my board. I can donate some money if that would help.

Another alternative would be for me to get my hands dirty in the code. I am a professional developer with some php experience.
If the DragonByte team is low on resources at this time, I can attempt to add the feature myself. Is there a member of the DB Tech that
would be willing to answer some technical questions to speed up the process? Once I make the mod, I will give you (DB Tech) the code.

Thank you for the help!

Just looking back over your post again, I want to double check what you mean.

Threadmins and Group Moderators allows for a user to be set as an a Threadmin for any thread, but it doesn't do so automatically. Users who are Threadmins have slightly more permissions options, such as moderating attachments. The other feature (we call User Threads) is automatic in that it allows users in specific forums to automatically get permission to moderate, but not with all the permissions of Threadmins.

If you are wanting what the User Threads part of the mod does, then there's no need to change anything. If you are wanting the more complete moderating permissions of Threadmins being automatic for thread starters, then we can add that in.

Can you clarify for me what you need? :)

Thanks for posting the questions and for offering the help. :)

If you are wanting the more complete moderating permissions of Threadmins being automatic for thread starters, then we can add that in.

That is exactly what I want.

To clarify, the feature is: The OP will have full (configurable permissions?) moderation permissions on a thread. The permissions should be assigned automagically when the thread is created, with no administrative action that needs to be taken.

Sending donation now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back