Status
Not open for further replies.

Force

Customer
I click on the attachment in pms upload it then click done but it does not add it to the pm why am i doing something wrong or missing something

attachment settings.jpg
attachment.jpg

Try sending a PM to yourself without doing anything else, you'll see it shows up :)

Alternatively, you can insert it inline via the paperclip.

as you can see on that 2nd ss i dont have inline option. I have sent it to myself and can see it but if i send it to my normal member account i cant

Last edited:
Hey Force.

Could you please create and PM me with a temporary FTP and AdminCP account?

For security reasons, we recommend you create a new FTP account only for DBTech support, then disable or delete it after we have both confirmed the issue has been solved and there are no further issues.

The same applies to AdminCP accounts; they should ideally be temporary accounts created for us only. If we have created an account on your site already, you can optionally boost that account to Administrator and then de-admin this account once the issue has been solved.

If you use a .htaccess password protection for your AdminCP directory, it is recommended that you create a new authorized user for DBTech and remove this user once the issue has been solved.

Please test any temporary accounts you create to ensure that the FTP account has access to the forum files, and that the AdminCP account can access the administrative controls for the product we are assisting you with.

Ensuring this is all in order before submitting the information will significantly speed up the process of assisting you. We will alert you via PM if there's any issues with the login information you have provided.

When sending the PM, for your security you should also un-tick the "Save a copy in my Sent Items folder" checkbox. When the access details have been received, we will delete the PM from our inbox. Ensuring you have not kept a copy of the PM reduces the risk of security breaches.

Thank you for helping us debug our products and allowing us to assist you, we appreciate it :D

I have the same issue. There is no 'insert inline' function. Thus far I used the paperclip, and that worked. But it would be nice to have the 'insert inline' option also. Thanks.

The inline function is part of the paperclip, if you click on the right side of it, by the arrow, that allows you to insert inline.

The inline function is part of the paperclip, if you click on the right side of it, by the arrow, that allows you to insert inline.

Yes, I know that. But on a normal attachment window after you uploaded your files you will have the text "Insert Inline" at the bottom of the attachment window. And you can then select from all the files attached which you want to insert inline while you have the attachment window open. This is now not possible in PM's. Now I have to close the attachment window first, and then insert via the paperclip.

Yes, I know that. But on a normal attachment window after you uploaded your files you will have the text "Insert Inline" at the bottom of the attachment window. And you can then select from all the files attached which you want to insert inline while you have the attachment window open. This is now not possible in PM's. Now I have to close the attachment window first, and then insert via the paperclip.

Yeah that is currently not possible.

if i send it inline it shows up as a link like in my above post but to a admin you see the full pic now if it is not inline then normal members cant see any images but admins can

Ahh ok I get what ya mean now, I am able to replicate on my dev, I'll post back when I have a solution.

Sorted, you can redownload the zip, upload dbtech/vbsuper_pm_pro/hooks/pmattach/postbit_display_start.php Then re import the XML.

This will solve two issues, the one you described, that other users could not see the attachments in the PM's. It will also now allow you to see the attachment in the PM if you preview it, before sending. For some reason the plugin never made it in the XML.

Thanks works better one thing after uploading files and clicking ok then do the inline it sends two copies of the file like this
Untitled.jpg
but a normal users sees it like this
test3.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah that is expected behavior, but at some point during the next week or so, we will be looking into the attachments, and see if there is a way to make it more like when you make a post.

On a side note, I dunno if that is your test site or not, but in Chrome, the top of the header is cut off, and you can not access the username / password boxes, so you can't log in.

TBH I dunno, it is something you need to investigate. See if it happens on a default skin, with the same logo in the header, if not then it is a skin issue.

TBH I dunno, it is something you need to investigate. See if it happens on a default skin, with the same logo in the header, if not then it is a skin issue.

works ok for me in chrome must be a addon on your browser causing the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.