Status
Not open for further replies.

furnival

Customer
This is not so much a bug as a slight problem in the way the way the product is designed, in my opinion. I have a button which I want to be anonymous. I want people to be able to click it without fear of reprisals from the other members. In the settings for this button I have set
Disable Notifications
If yes, users clicking this button will not generate a notification for the receiving user.
to be yes

and

I have ticked the "Cannot See Clicks" setting for this button for the relevant usergroups.

But yet the history of button clicks shows up on the clicker's profile. So with a little investigation my members can pretty much find out who has clicked the button on their post by viewing the profile pages of all the people they suspect of doing so. If this sounds unrealistic, believe me, my users will spend hours if necessary investigating things like this! And the fact that they can find out is causing some problems for me.

Please consider including a way of avoiding this issue in a future release, such as by making the "disable notifications" setting apply to the clicker of a button as well as the receiver of that button click.

You're correct in that it's a bug - usergroups who cannot see certain button clicks should not see those entries on the profile either.

I have applied a hotfix that replaces the entire line with the dbtech_thanks_stripped_content phrase - unfortunately I cannot hide the entire line as that would bring inconsistencies with page numbers / items per page.

If you re-download the product and re-upload /dbtech/thanks/includes/class_profileblock.php it should be resolved. Let me know if there's any further issues :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Advanced Post Thanks / Like

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings