Status
Not open for further replies.

Trekkan

Customer
No matter what I do, it seems that only all forums will appear instead of only the selected forums.

This might be something to do with all of my forums are in categories and as I reported in the other thread, the categories are not displaying correctly.

I've tried this on the default vB theme as well, same issue.

Not quite sure what you mean by this. As it stands at the moment, the 'All' tab exists in every single category (as it seems most users want to have access to this whatever category they are on). If you mean that you can't use the 'All Forums' option in the tab forums selection bit, that might be a problem. I have had issues with it but thought it was fixed. Let me know if that is what you mean.

Sorry for being unclear.

What I meant is, say I have a Tab called "Forums X" and I only want 3 of my 25 forums to appear under it. No matter what I do, every forum will appear under it. I can't get it to just show the 3 forums only.

Hmmm. Can you talk me through the steps you are taking? Is it defaulting back to 'All Forums' when you reload the tab to edit it?

I have the Category you created by default called "Forums".

I have a tab called "JFF".

That tab has a category of "Forums" assigned to it.

I have three forums selected to display in this tab (JFF Tab).

When I click the JFF tab on the website, all of my forums are listed, not just the three forums I've selected above.

Hope that makes sense. If not, or if you want to look at it and see what I have setup, let me know and I'll PM you an admin login.

Thanks!

Could you confirm that the tab when edited in the AdminCP only has selected the three forums you intend it to have, or is it blank or selected 'All Forums'?

Hmmm... noticed the Favourites tab is doing the same as well. Has anyone else had this problem?
IcEWoLF skol Freekoid
Trekkan, I'd suggest reuploading your files and double checking they end up in the right directory.

Trekkan, can you upload the two files in the attached zip to the /dbtech/forumtabs/hooks/ folder?

It will throw out a HTML comment detailing the Category, Tabs and Forums. Shouldn't break the HTML formatting. Let me know once you've done it.

Attachments

I redownloaded the ZIP from here, reuploaded, reimported the XML file and verified the files uploaded match the structure in the ZIP file. Still having the same issue.

@Trekkan, can you upload the two files in the attached zip to the /dbtech/forumtabs/hooks/ folder?

It will throw out a HTML comment detailing the Category, Tabs and Forums. Shouldn't break the HTML formatting. Let me know once you've done it.

Uploaded these files.

Ok, I think it's fixed. Can you reupload the two files from the original beta 1 upload now, they are screwing with the HTML slightly... :D

Seems it must have been something to do with caching... as when I created/edited a tab it seemed to start working from that point forward. No idea why or what caused the bug.

Need to look at adding something in the install to flush the datastore perhaps. Could you other guys confirm if you have any problems, as non of the installs I've done have show up this issue.

I'm not sure if I should create a new thread for this, but it appears that only some of my forums are displaying on the tabs not all of them. It might be due to whatever cache you mentioned, I don't know. Any suggestions on what I could do to clear it?

Hmmm. Something you do need to make sure happens is that the category that contains a tab is selected as well, otherwise there is no category for the forum to be held by. For example, say you have three forums called Forum 1, Forum 2 and Forum 3. If the parent category to them is Category 1, selecting just the three forums on their own and not the category will mean they do not display.

When I get two minutes I'll check your setup to see if that is the issue or if it's something else.

Hmmm. Something you do need to make sure happens is that the category that contains a tab is selected as well, otherwise there is no category for the forum to be held by. For example, say you have three forums called Forum 1, Forum 2 and Forum 3. If the parent category to them is Category 1, selecting just the three forums on their own and not the category will mean they do not display.

When I get two minutes I'll check your setup to see if that is the issue or if it's something else.

The issue is actually as you mentioned in the other thread about nested categories, I'm not sure of how to work with/around it, but it's not the same issue as in this thread. Sorry about that. I'll stick to the other thread for that "issue". =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte Forum Tabs

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
Mokonzi
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings