Status
Not open for further replies.

Loony BoB

Customer
I've only just set this little baby up, and to test it I set a criteria of >= 500 posts in our "Timber Maniacs HQ" forum. I recalculate Achievements. This worked fine, 48 people were listed for it.

Then I set up >= 10, >= 50, >= 100, >= 500 and >= 1000 posts for this forum and another forum, "Relm's Studio". I recalculate Achievements. The result is that 436 people have the achievement for >= 10 posts in Timber Maniacs HQ, and 447 people have the achievement for >= 10 posts in Relm's Studio. Nobody has any of the other achievements... any idea on what would cause this? Here's a screenshot of the achievements I set up.

achievements.png

Just to add to this, a member just got the achievement for posting 100 times in Relm's Studio. They now have the achievement for 100 posts in Relm's Studio along with the 10 post one, but not the 50 post one...

EDIT: Recalculated again, back to everyone on 10 post achievements only. :( This thing really is peculiar in how it recalculates. I'm thinking this is a genuine bug but let me know if I'm just being an idiot.

Figured I'd throw in a picture that might make it more obvious as to what the issue is. Hope someone is able to resolve this as otherwise the entire reason I paid for this product will go down the drain. :(

vbactivityissue.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Please try setting up the "Parent" functionality. The 1000 Posts achievement should have the 500 Posts achievement as a parent, the 500 Posts should have the 100 posts, etc. Once that's done, re-calculate achievements again.

If that doesn't work, please PM me with an FTP and AdminCP account so I can look into this further.

Sadly no change to the previous calculations. I'll talk to my techs about FTP/Admin accounts etc.

EDIT: Once I posted again on the forums, it gave me the 100 posts in Relm's Studio achievement again despite not having the 50 post one, so it looks like the parent system made no difference with anything, sadly.

Last edited:
I've sent you a PM regarding the FTP/Admin accounts - it looks like you should be able to replicate this on any clean install of vB 4.2.2 PL1 and my techs seem wary of handing out the login details due to security issues we've had in the past. However, if you need us to set you up with a test environment to work on, we can do that.

Let me know how you'd like to progress! :)

(Apologies if I come across impatient, I'm just really excited about this purchase and can't wait to get it functioning correctly!)

Sent you an admin login to our test environment which has replicated settings (and a replica of the problem) - Let me know if/when you get the time to have a nosey about. :) Thanks for your help with this!

Just a sidenote, I only noticed now that I have been registered at DBTech for three years, yet I don't have the anniversary achievement. Not sure if that's somehow related to this issue?

It could be. Since we're having issues with the FTP information, I'll look into (and resolve, if need be) the achievement issue and let you know if there's any files you need to re-upload :)

Update: The reason why the days registered achievements don't work here is because it has been disabled from the Points Settings, to keep the database bloat in check.

Update 2: This should now be resolved on your site and patched into the live release :)

Thanks once again. On a far lesser note, I'm curious as to how vBActivity decides which names do and do not display on the "All Achievements" page. For those achievements that have a large number of people who have attained them, it displays about 30 names "and 1000 other people have earned this achievement" or something similar. For those achievements that have a low number of people who have attained them, though, it often only displays one name or no names at all, yet these are probably the ones that people will be most interested in. Is there something I can do to ensure that those who have attained an achievement have their username displayed instead of "1 people have earned this Achievement"?

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but it looks like this issue exists for threads as well as the (now fixed) posts issue. On our live forum, it's giving people achievements for 100 threads in particular forums they definitely don't have 100 threads in, and (don't ask me how it's different...) on our test forum it's giving me only achievements for 1 thread in particular forums when I have enough to qualify for the 5 threads in particular forums.

I've made similar fixes to nearly all files inside /dbtech/vbactivity/type, if you re-download the mod and re-upload that folder, it should be resolved on a re-calculate :)

It displays the names of your confirmed friends. Anyone not a friend is grouped under X Others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBActivity & Awards

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back