Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really much information to go on, but stickies set in Instance Manager do indeed show up as soon as the shoutbox refreshes, so I'll mark this as Cannot Reproduce :)

Here is link to my extra instance:
Captive Reefs - MCES Raffle Winners

screen shot of instance management:

instance-sticky.jpg

There's no shouts in that instance that guests have access to see, and therefore there's no sticky either :)

Guests have full view access in that instance.

I actually just tried to add a chat and can't do to the invalid instance error we have in a previous bug report. Maybe some of this will iron itself out once that problem is corrected.

---------- Post added at 10:39 ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 ----------

So if there are no chats, then the sticky notes don't appear?

To circumvent the Invalid Instance ID issue (actually a Chrome bug because Chrome doesn't implement certain JavaScript commands properly), please use the Shout button instead of the Enter key until what I presume is later today when 6.0.1 will be released :)

yup I see that the button works.

Is there a reason that sticky notes wouldn't appear until at least one chat is made? Seems like they should always be there regardless of chats?

It's because of the way everything is structured: To save resources, the sticky is fetched alongside shouts in the same query, so if there's no shouts, there's no sticky :)

What might be nice...is a hook on top of the chat box and have that instance management sticky be handled that way rathe than as a shout. Maybe you could call it an announcement or something else to not be confused with a sticky chat. (I can make a separate request thread if that would help.)

Status
Not open for further replies.