Ozzy47

Former Developer
Customer
I have a swf banned that is for my site, and I have the code in the end of my header template.

When ever I restart my computer, or my browser, the banner just shows blank (white background).

If I rename the swf file in ftp, and rename the banner link in header template it shows up like it should.

I have not been able to figure out why it does this.

If anyone knows a solution please let me know, as it is driving me crazy!
gdpit_com_96762789_595.gif

14dd9c8b3021f2.png

Last edited:
I have a swf banned that is for my site, and I have the code in the end of my header template.

When ever I restart my computer, or my browser, the banner just shows blank (white background).

If I rename the swf file in ftp, and rename the banner link in header template it shows up like it should.

I have not been able to figure out why it does this.

If anyone knows a solution please let me know, as it is driving me crazy!
gdpit_com_96762789_595.gif

14dd9c8b3021f2.png

This may be several things including load speed on originally opening of your site. However you claim that its OK when you change it via FTP! Slightly confused about that bit.

I have a similar flash based header but my code sites right at the top of my header template and not at the bottom like you claim, and yes there is a little pause whilst it loads and runs but my background is different and not white. Im sure you can change your background to another color but unsure of this also.

Problem is it does not load at all, unless I change the name like I said.

It does not matter where in the header I put it, it still does the same thing.

I am not concerned about the background being white, it's that way because the swf is not loading.

Have you used the correct embed HTML code for it?

I think that may be part of the problem, here is the code I was supplied.

Code:
<center>
<EMBED width=1000 height=200 src="http://www.myfriendsspace.com/MFS.swf" type=application/x-shockwave-flash>
</center>

Try:
HTML:
<center>
<EMBED width="1000" height="200" src="http://www.myfriendsspace.com/MFS.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">
</center>

That may have worked, adding the quotes, I will have to test it out for a few days and see what happens.

Well that did not work, maybe Fillip H. can look at the code and see if it is correct

I don't know anything about embedding flash video as I hate it with a passion :p

After more checking, it seems I am the only one I can confirm this happening to, everyone else the banner loads every time.

So I will have to see why it is happening on my comp.

Ok thanks for the reply, it kinda of a big file, right around 2,200 KB so that's why the 3 second delay

After more checking, it seems I am the only one I can confirm this happening to, everyone else the banner loads every time.

So I will have to see why it is happening on my comp.

Flush out your web browser cache to see if that helps.

Back