Status
Not open for further replies.

heyzeus909

Customer
I'm using the clean-looking Mielo theme (available for purchase here at dbtech :) ) and did some further "cleaning up" of the way I want my site to look. Removing the clutter, so to say.

One of the things I've done, is to edit the header to only include the username of the person signed in and the option to log out. In other words, I've removed the 'Inbox' link, the 'My Profile' link, and the 'My Settings' link. I have these, and many other links, all contained in a handy vBNavTab. It's much smoother looking this way. Besides, the function of vBNotifications makes the Inbox link redundant; it's unlikely that someone will be going to their inbox unless they have a notification of a new message...which is provided by vBNotifications. And, anyway, if they want to get to their inbox, they can get there by the link provided in the vBNavTab of handy links I've created.

Example here.

But now I'm not getting any vBNotifications! Is it because of this code in the global_footer template?:

Code:
	<ul class="popupbody popuphover" id="dbtech_notifications_menu">
			<li><a href="private.php">Inbox</a></li>
		</ul>

Is vBNotifications dependent upon having the Inbox link included on the page? If so, is there a workaround?

I apologize if it has nothing to do with the Inbox link (not a coder/programmer/very smart), but wanted to try to figure it out on my own before I bugged you.

Also, I do have vBNotifications working on other skins at my site, including a fresh install of the aforementioned Mielo theme. Just not the version I've been working on.

Thank you for your time.

Yeah, the issue is that the mod depends on the link being available. However, you can get around this by, instead of deleting it, set
Code:
style="display:none;"
as an attribute (or just add display none if the style attribute already exists) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBNotifications

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back